19. Hot Pulsing Need

Joohyun

I glanced around the massive hall, soaking the sights and smells of it.

I was nervous.

Freaking nervous.

The dancing just finished and I was standing at some random place in this party, looking interested yet feeling aloof.

I lost Seokjin somewhere in the crowd when the music changed to an upbeat funky groove. But I could feel his stare on me, washing over my body in illicit desire.

I had a feeling he might be here but I furiously tried pushing that thought away the whole evening. Then I saw Kim Taehyung and I was stock sure he was here. It turned out to be true.

Dressed in a charcoal grey suit with the top two buttons left open and a silver grey mask on his face, he looked deathly.

Sex on a platter.

The moment our eyes met during the waltz, lust swimming thick behind our masks, was the moment I knew that this was it. There's no turning back now.

After dancing for a few minutes, exchanging partners and indulging in brief conversations, Sooyoung and I took a break.

Sipping on champagne and devouring chocolate strawberries, I almost forgot I was angry at her for creating a blunder again. This time, accepting an anonymous invitation to a masquerade ball.

I don't know if the Kim brothers are an exception but I tend to be wary of each and every person I come across, no matter what they project themselves to be.

It was like an added defense I stuck to myself. The dangers of the unknown weren't new, but I couldn't help but be apprehensive about the consequences it gifted me with.

Living a sheltered life and being exposed to something new and unnerving does that.

My thoughts were flying as usual when I felt a slight nudge on my waist. It was Sooyoung.

"This may look uneasy to you but I'm finding it completely hot that Kim Seokjin has been staring at you for the past many minutes," she said with a hint of mock tease.

"Where?" I asked because I genuinely couldn't find him, despite holding a strong eye contact even after the dance was over. He just disappeared.

"Over there. Look."

I had to strain my neck slightly to spot him. The place where he was standing was far from where I stood. There were a huge number of silk drapes flowing from the ceiling, which were billowing in a beautiful way.

I took a few steps towards the stairs and was greeted by a soft breeze, sending chills down my bare arms.

It must be an air duct for producing the windy effect.

I walked and walked, my hair swaying along the long curtains and then I felt my breath lodge itself in my throat.

He was there, standing with his one hand in his pocket and facing me sideways. His face was mesmerizing to look at and his eyes held me in a stare so potent I could die.

He was walking towards me with a calm quiet exterior but his eyes gave away the burning lust he had within him.

I wonder what's stopping him?

I didn't know when I stopped walking and stood in front him, the drapes flowing between us serving as an invisible barrier to the actions we so deliciously thought for each other.