7. Want It Too

Joohyun

Finally.

My dream is coming into fruition, at last.

I just finished giving a talk about my newly released novel and answering questions related to it.

It was a break now, sort of.

I was mindlessly twirling my champagne, lost in the cacophony of chatter when I heard someone beside me.

"Got yourself a great response, huh, babe?"

It was Seulgi, all decked up in a fancy red dress and bold makeup, chewing one long-lasting piece of bubblegum.

She was the one who made this all happen.

My book was, sooner or later, destined to hit the shelves. But finding itself in other people's shelves was something doubtful.
With solid connections and clever marketing schemes, Seulgi made this book launch a piece of cake.

I'll give her that.

"I didn't expect half the amount of people I see here. All due to that old fart's untimely 'demise'."

"What the hell, Seulgi?" I half whispered in mock horror.

Name calling people after their death is undoubtedly cruel. Not that I cared though. It would be bad repute for me if anyone heard that coming from my friend.

"Sorry. Sorry." She held her hands up in defense, giving me a pitiful smirk.

This bitch didn't care either.

"It's just that.. Kim Hoojun was one important tycoon. A pretty fucked up at that," She added with a mischievous smirk.

She wasn't wrong. I knew enough about the degenerate businessman and his ridiculous scandals every other day.

It was a miracle the public didn't take everything about him too harshly. Their company stocks never waned drastically and everything was always under control.

No matter how big the fuck up.

Like there was someone always in charge. Prying, acclimatizing, setting every single problem back at its place.

Like a phantom. Who was in charge of everything.

But it all ended today.

His death was met with mock uproar.

Gone too soon, they said.

Imagine a healthy libidinous man dying from a heart attack.

Too good to be true. I had to laugh at that.

I wonder how Seokjin took the news.

Seokjin.

That name sent goosebumps all over my skin.

I still remember his eyes that night. The way he so easily blinded me with his hot, blazing charm, trapping me within myself.

I will never forget that night.

No matter how much I try, I can never forget that night.

It will always be my secret.

A beautiful, shameless secret.

Mine to remember. Only mine.

Ever since that night, I found myself thinking about him every second of my day.