33. Bad Day?

Joohyun

Labeling this day as the worst day of my life would be an understatement.

For starters, I woke up with a terrible hangover in the morning, my head banging in twenty different directions all in the speed of hundred miles per minute. I exaggerated but it is as close as to it.

Then, I went to freshen up and found my toiletries almost empty—soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, everything and had to stumble in my room, naked and wet, hunting for the new products in my stash. I slipped a few times too.

It was the worst morning ever, no doubt.

I always envisioned my day of marriage as my worst day and I'm proud of myself that I was right. There was no major reason to that. I just knew it.

Donning a yellow pantsuit, paired with a black belt and black stilettos, I was looking the part of a high profile heiress to the T. Vanity is something I loathe but sometimes when I see myself looking dashing like this, I can't help but fall in love with me so badly. My makeup was bold—light brown eye makeup and bright red lips— which completed my overall look.

Sexy.

Needless to say, I was on my way to my father's office where the initial paperwork process of my marriage will take place. Due to my sudden decision of getting hitched in two days, I was given the proposition to sign the marriage papers in front of the lawyer and the people close to me. The reception will take place at a convenient time.

Boring stuff, seriously.

I just wanted to get this whole ordeal over with. The sooner, the better.

Upon entering my father's office suite, I was greeted by four people already seated by the long oval table situated in the middle of the room. Father, Areum, our lawyer and Jung Hoseok. Kim Seokjin was nowhere to be seen.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. For someone who was dying to get me to say yes to this whole thing, he sure was tardy in this matter.

"Good morning, Miss Bae." Hoseok stood up from his seat and bowed to me politely. I bowed back at him, a slight bend of my upper body. He was smiling at me. He was probably the only person not emitting a sour aura from his presence, unlike the other people in the room.

I smiled back and turned towards my father, giving him a subtle nod. "Father."

He gave me a curt nod and gestured for me to sit on one of the chairs. I obeyed. For some reason, I didn't feel like greeting Areum. She had the most uncomfortable expression on her face and I felt bad for feeling good about it.

Hoseok felt it was time that Seokjin was officially late and politely excused himself from us and left the room. To remind Seokjin, I presume.

After he left, the room was filled with an awkward silence. It was making me nauseous, in a way. It wasn't everyday I spent a few suffocating moments with my only family and when I did, there was nothing more that I wanted than leaving them all alone, just for the sake of my sanity. Minutes passed and I was dreading every moment of it. None of them said a word and my back was already stiff with nerves and blinding apprehension.

Where are you, Jin?

As if my prayers were answered, the door to the office opened and two figures entered.