24. The Hand

Hoseok

I'm going to kill him one day.

My thoughts were raging towards murder right now. Despite that, I never once faltered in my smile.

"You see.." I humbly placated the man before me, my fingers itching to claw his eyes out. "..if Kim Corp doesn't flourish right now, numerous assets are about to dwindle into dust with no reason whatsoever. I assure you this project is worthwhile the time and money it is about. We just need the green signal from you."

Hearing this, the fat bastard, Lee Hyun, started to chuckle. It was full of mirth. "You see.." he mimicked my tone and I mustered every ounce of strength in my body to not nail his head to the window behind him. "...I don't understand why it is you slaving off for the likes of Kim Seokjin."

He leaned forward on the desk and intertwined his fingers in front of him. His eyes were a dull brown and alcohol dazed.

Couldn't wait to cure his hangover. His bitch must have given him a tough time.

Fucker. She was barely 24.

"Are you listening?" His voice made me come out of my daydream and I looked at him clearly.

"I don't understand. What's the connection between your approval and my relationship with Seokjin?" I was calm but was brimming with rage inside.

Why do they have to bring him everywhere?

"Hoseok." He turned serious now. "I know you're a dedicated, loyal and a respectful man. It hurts me seeing you waste your capabilities on someone who is not even worthy of the title bestowed upon him. Kim Seokjin was gifted this position to him. It was never about his abilities. You, on the other hand, are equally, or maybe more deserving."

I looked at him for a few seconds and completely dumbfounded. He was stating the same thing I heard from the likes of him for the past few years.

It was no secret that the board hated Seokjin. After being hailed the CEO after being unanimously voted by them, he did the exact things which were beneficial to the company. But those things, weren't necessarily of benefit to the board. Their individual shares got jeopardized, market value was solely distributed and the publicity campaigns varied, giving each and every person associated with it a different market value which depended on their work. This was met with harsh criticism from their side and everyone planned to veto him out of it.

But Seokjin was two steps ahead of them. The first thing he did was acquire the power of attorney to himself and then transferred the maximum shares to his name. This made him the sole owner of Kim Corp and the largest stakeholder as well. If Seokjin wants, these men would be jobless by now.

They tried every trick in the book. Hiring his only confidante as a means to sabotage him was not used yet. But that was done now.

I smirked at the fat burly man in front of me.

Seokjin fucking predicted this.

Mistaking my smirk as a sign of comradeship, Lee Hyun gave me a full blown smile and stood up to walk towards me.

He rounded the desk and stood before me but I didn't get up.