12. Tease

Joohyun

"Will you stop doing that?" Sooyoung asked, her voice laced with exasperation.

I blinked.

"What?"

"That. Ignoring me when I'm talking to you."

"Sorry."

She didn't know what was happening right in front of her nose. I smirked. To say I was amused, was an understatement. I was beyond amused. I was thrilled.

Seokjin was seated just a table away from us, clearly not enjoying his meal or his company, for that matter. I wasn't surprised.

"Who are you smiling at so lewdly?"

"I am not. Just get on with what you were saying." I replied. "You want the next book to have 'dark academia' vibes?"

"Oh yes," she replied back, remembering our conversation before we were interrupted by a gorgeous piece of chocolate cake who was sitting across our table. "So, guaging from the response and sales of your recent book, me and the others from Moonji have decided that it's time for you to get back on gear and this time it should be something compelling and intriguing with dark, almost mysterious overtones in it, you know."

"Hmm," I pondered on the prospect of diving in this. It would be fun, no doubt. The possibilities of producing a variety of plotlines under this particular genre would be endless.

"Interesting," I smiled at her. "I can look into the basics of it and then let you know if I'm up for it. But... I think I will be up for it anyway, considering the subject matter."

Sooyoung gave me a full blown grin. "Perfect! I'm really looking forward to this." She raised her flute towards me and said with a new sense of promise in her voice, "To your new book. Eventually."

I smiled at her enthusiasm. It's one of the reason she is my friend first and my editor, second. Moonji Publishers is a flake without her hard work, skills and determination.

I raised my flute and did the same. "Soon, Soo. Very soon."

We made the toast and sipped on our champagne, totally giddy with excitement.

But my excitement was tenfold now, because of a certain handsome someone who was giving me the hardest glares in a room full of people, just a table away.

Totally sexy, Jin.

I trained my eyes at him now. He was looking dashing, as usual, in a crisp black suit. His hair wasn't styled tonight, as if he was in a hurry, but they were fine. He was with someone. I couldn't see his face though.

Seokjin was talking to him at times, smiling so whole heartedly when the other person was speaking to him. Almost like a loving father.

I smiled at that sight. So warm, pure. I never thought I'd see Jin give that look to anyone. Not even that flamboyant best friend of his. Hoseok was his name, I guess.

Suddenly, Jin's eyes fell on me. I saw him murmuring to the guy he was with, which made him turn and look at us. I was caught off guard, not expecting him to boast about his conquest. Atleast, that's what I assumed. There was a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

He really wanted to go all out, huh?

His companion looked at me and then to Sooyoung after me, but not before taking a full look at her long legs.