Chapter 26

Your fun afternoon out continues as you return to the shops. You take a while to browse the kiosks they have around, seeing all of the unique items the locals are selling. After a while you spot a jewelry store and decide to go in. You start looking into the jewelry cases and start making fun at the ugly pieces you see. You make your way along to the necklaces and find yourself surprised that you don't like a single one.

"Do you like any of these?" Tony asks you.

"No, they're hideous. Do you think they're pretty?"

"Well, jewelry isn't really my area of expertise, but no, not really. That's odd, I was expecting everything in here to be extraordinary."

"I agree but we should probably talk a little quieter." You whisper. "Oh, wait! I spoke too soon. Look at this one!"

You move around to the other side of the jewelry case and wave him over. It's a white gold necklace with a pear shaped, ruby, and diamond drop pendant.

"This one is gorgeous." You say.

"It is. Do you want to try it on?"

"Oh, no. That would just make me want it."

"You sure? No harm in trying it." He says.

"Umm.. okay you talked me into it."

You both smile and Tony asks the woman behind the counter for help. She unlocks the case and sets the necklace on top of it. Tony picks it up and looks at it for a moment before holding it up to you.

"Turn around so I can put it on you."

You turn and pull your hair out of the way as he brings the chain around your neck to fasten it. The woman hands you a mirror for you to look at yourself and you fall in love with it.

"Wow," you say as you turn to face Tony.

"It's beautiful on you. How much is it?"

"This one is 799." The woman replies.

Tony looks at you and smiles.

"Well, maybe one day we can come back and get it." You say.

"No, we'll take it today." Tony says.

"No we won't. I don't need this necklace, Tony. I don't want you spending that kind of money."

"It's not about need, I want you to have it. Please, let me buy it for you."

"No, I'm sorry, I can't let you do that."

You reach around to take the necklace off yourself and hand it back to the woman.

"Such a shame. It looks so lovely on you," the woman says as she puts it away.

"Thank you ma'am, we unfortunately just can't buy it today. Thank you for your help."

You turn back to Tony and grab his hand, pulling him out of the store.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asks.

"I'm getting you out of here before you do something stupid."

You get a few feet outside of the door and feel Tony jerks your hand, pulling you back towards him and into a little alleyway.

"Let's get something straight, if I want to buy something for you, I'm damn well going to do it. Do you understand?"

You stand there in silence, both shocked and startled by his sternness with you, not seeing this side of him before now.

"Okay, I'm sorry."

Seeing how concerned you look after what he said to you, he sighs.

"Oh, come here, it's okay. I'm not mad."

He pulls you into a hug and starts rubbing your back as you breathe a sigh of relief.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yea. It's just- I already feel bad for you paying for literally everything since I've been here. I wasn't about to let you buy some expensive piece of jewelry for me too."

He backs away and looks at you concerned.

"Hey, I don't want you to feel bad anymore. I brought you here and I want you to enjoy yourself. I'm doing it because I want to, not because you're forcing me and not because I feel obligated. Okay?"

"Okay."

You walk over and take a seat on a little bench with a nice view overlooking the water where you can stop and rest for a while.

"Are you excited to go back to the States?" You ask.

"Eh, I don't know, I like being here. The scenes we'll be filming there will be a little more involved so I'm a little apprehensive about it."

"Have you had any tough ones here?"

"Not really. Just a lot of takes for a couple so we could get the timing right for all of the shots Ridley wanted to get. It's been pretty easy. For instance, we have a scene coming up at an Opera and we pretty much just have to sit there. I've only got a handful of lines."

"That must be nice. Getting paid the big bucks to sit and listen to music." You say.

"It is nice. Actually, you could come if you want. We need extras to fill the seats. It wouldn't take anything at all for you to be a part of it. Do you want to?"

"Sure. What do I have to do?"

"All you have to do is show up dressed nice and looking beautiful, both of which are a piece of cake for you. Do you have a formal dress with you?" He asks.

"No, I didn't pack one. I didn't think I'd need it."

Tony checks his watch for the time and then stands up, pulling you up with him.

"Come on, let's go."

"Where?"

"To get you a dress. Hurry, before the stores close."