Chapter 48

It's now Sunday, your last full day in Florence. You both wake up pretty late in the morning, still tired after one of the most passionate nights of lovemaking you've had together. You eat breakfast and then get cleaned up before you start packing your things. You each leave a couple changes of clothes out along with your pajamas and toiletry items, but for the most part, everything is ready to go for early tomorrow morning.

"Okay, Amy?"

He looks at you with a cunning smile.

You laugh, "Yes?"

"I have another special evening planned for us tonight, nothing fancy, but I was wondering what else you were wanting to do today."

"Hmmm, I think I'd like to go back to that church where they filmed the opera. It was so pretty and I know you wanted to see it during the day too."

"Oh, that's right. We have a few hours until our dinner reservations, so do you want to go now?"

"Sure! What's the dress code for the evening?

"Casual. Like I said, nothing fancy, but I think it's supposed to be cool tonight so dress warmly."

You both get dressed and Tony gets his rental car from the valet. You take a short drive around the city before making your way to the church. When you arrive, Tony parks the car and you start walking around.

"I wonder if they give tours of this place." He says.

"It seems like there could be a lot of history here so they probably do. Not on a Sunday though.

"I'm sure you're right."

You find a partially opened window to what looks like the sanctuary of the church and peek in. In doing so, you accidentally open the window a little further and end up getting a pretty good look at the inside.

"Tony, come look."

He walks over and you admire the beautiful stained glass, the architecture, and the artwork.

"Wow."

"Wow is right," you say.

"Did you open this window?"

"No, it was already open."

He looks around, almost paranoid that people will think you're doing something wrong.

"I hope no one calls the police on us for snooping around here."

"There's no one here, but even if there was, I'm sure they wouldn't think we are doing anything wrong."

"I hope not."

"Fine, we can leave if you want."

"No, let's just stay on the pathway, away from the building, okay?"

"Okay, but you need to relax a little bit. Geesh."

You laugh at his antics as you continue walking around. It's a gorgeous place and it makes you sad that you aren't able to see all of it.

"I'm gonna have to come back here someday."

"Oh? Why is that?" He asks.

"I want to see everything. I'd love to see the inside, I'm sure what we weren't able to see is just as pretty as the outside and there's also just so much more of Italy I want to see. More of Florence, but I'd love to go to Rome and Venice too."

"Well, we'll have to come back then. We'll make a point to someday."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

He gives you a side hug and a kiss on the top of your head before you walk back to the car.

"Where are we going now?"

"Dinner."

"Okay, but where?"

He looks at you and smiles.

"Our favorite little italian place, one last time."

"Aw."

"What?"

"The way you said that sounded so sad- one last time."

"Oh, don't get all sentimental on me just yet. We still have a whole evening to go."