Chapter 39

You arrive back at the trailer and see Tony sitting on the couch with his palm against his forehead.

"Are you alright?" You ask.

"Yes, sorry. Did you have fun?"

You laugh, "I did."

"What's so funny?"

"The extra they paired me with, Luca, a very nice man. But he kept asking me to go out for drinks with him."

"Oh, he did, did he? And what did you say?"

"I told him I couldn't because I had plans with my friend after."

"Your friend?"

"Yes, my friend." You say, gesturing to him.

"You didn't tell him who your friend was?"

"No, did you want me to?"

"No, I just thought you might have."

"I didn't want him to get all nosey about us and how I know you and what not. Something tells me he's the kind of person who would ask prying questions."

"Probably."

"Are you sure you're okay, you seem a little... irritated?"

"I'll tell you about it later, I don't much feel like discussing it now. Come sit."

You go take a seat beside him and he puts his arm around you.

"What are we staying for? I thought Ridley got everything he needed?"

"He has for the most part, he just has to review some film and make sure he doesn't need anything else. I've got to stay until he gives me the ok to go."

"Alright."

You rest your head back against his shoulder and start thinking about the night. It's been so fun to experience the world of movie making, right alongside Tony. A moment later, you look down and see the magazine you were looking at earlier.

"Oh, here! I wanted to show you this. These are some tourist locations we should try to go to after you finish filming."

"Show me."

You open it up and show him a couple gardens that you can choose from, a couple of the tours and then a couple of restaurants. The whole time, Tony is pretty quiet which is odd because you thought he'd be excited.

"Isn't this interesting you?" You ask.

"No, it is."

"Then why don't you seem like it?"

"Well, I sort of have some bad news."

You close the magazine and look back at him.

"What?"

"Well, I talked to Ridley right before you came in. He's having to move up the start of production in D.C.. So we aren't going to have but just a day or two extra."

"Oh. Well that's okay, I understand. We will just work with what we have."

"Yea."

He pauses a moment and looks down to the floor.

"But this also means I can't go to London."

You take a moment and think about what this means. If he can't go to London now and ask for the divorce, then he won't be able to go until after Hannibal finishes up, at the very earliest. You start to get upset but stop yourself. You realize that this is out of anybody's control and there's no reason to get all worked up about it.