Chapter 50

You pull up to the place and Tony parks the car. He gets out and opens the trunk before coming around to open the door for you. When you stand up, you look down and in one of his hands, Tony is holding a blanket.

"What's that for?"

"I didn't think you'd want to sit on the ground."

He takes your hand and leads you to the top of the hill. You stand there for a moment, in awe of the wonderful view of the city. You choose a spot away from most everyone else and lay out your blanket before taking a seat beside each other. You hold hands and watch the sun set over this incredible city that holds so many memories for the two of you. You want to be closer to Tony so you let go of his hand.

"Where you going?" He asks.

"Right here."

You crawl in between Tony's legs and lean your back up against his chest. He wraps one of his arms around your neck and rests his head against yours, planting an occasional kiss on your cheek.

"You excited to go home?" He asks.

"Umm, I don't know. I miss my cat but not much else," you laugh. "I'm gonna miss this more."

You realize this is one of your last moments with him for a while and start to feel all sorts of emotions. You think about what being here with him has meant to you and you begin to really feel the dread of leaving in the morning. You worry about how things will be at home, if they will change for the better or for the worse, and what the future holds for the two of you. You're nervous but also excited at the possibilities.

"Tony?"

"Yes?"

"Are we going to be okay?"

"You mean once we're home?"

"Yes."

"I'm not foolish enough to think I know what the future holds for me and you. But I believe we're going to be just fine."

"How do you know?"

"Well I don't know. All we can do is try."

"That's not enough for me."

"I don't know what else we can do, all anyone can ever do is try. You already know you're important to me and I promise to make you a priority in my life."

You lean your head back and give him a kiss, hoping it will help comfort you.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Sorta. I'm just nervous. I don't want to lose you."

"I don't want to lose you either, Amy. Don't be scared, just promise me that we'll work hard and we won't give up, even if things get tough, okay? Do you promise?"

"I promise."

"Okay, me too."

The sun is nearly set and there's very little light left. The darkness around you allows you to see the lights of the city once more and you sit in silence for a moment to take it all in.

"Well look at this, I've got the perfect view and the perfect woman. What more can I ask for?"

"Same as me, nothing. You're all I need."