Chapter 22

You finish your bath and dry off before putting a robe on and exiting the bathroom. When you get out into the room, you find Tony, pajamas on, laying in bed and laughing as he watches Tom & Jerry; just like a kid.

"Are you seriously watching cartoons?" You ask.

"Of course I am. Don't you like this show?"

"I do actually, you just amaze me. I never expected an Academy Award winner to enjoy it so much."

You both laugh.

"I'm going to go put some clothes on, I'll be right back." You say.

You walk to your room and grab your favorite oversized t-shirt to wear as a nightgown. You put the clothes that you wore earlier away and then go back to get into bed with Tony. You crawl under the cover and move closer to him. After a moment he slides down in the bed and nuzzles into your neck.

"You smell nice." He says.

"Thank you. It's the bubble bath you bought me."

"I love it. Did you have fun today?"

"I did. I wish we could have another day like this. It was really nice being able to relax with you," you say.

"Well I have two long days of shooting and then another day off, so this can happen again very soon."

He sits up and looks at you.

"How does that sound?" He asks.

"Sounds amazing. I'm already excited."

"Same here."

He lays his head back down on you as you play with his hair. A few minutes of silence pass as you both enjoy the moment.

"Do you think I'm too old for you?" He asks.

"If I thought you were too old for me I wouldn't be here. Why?"

"I just wonder. I mean, I am twice your age."

"Yes, you are. But that doesn't bother me. Does it bother you?" You ask.

"No it hasn't yet. We've just never talked about it."

"I know. I can't predict the future, obviously, but I think we have too much in common and we get along too well for our age difference to be an issue."

"You're right, I'm sorry for bringing it up. I think I let those people get to me too much tonight." He says.

"What people?"

"You know, the ones staring in the restaurant and when we were eating ice cream."

"Oh, yea. Well it's probably something we should talk about because we need to be on the same page. But who cares what other people think?" You say.

"We shouldn't. Do your parents know about me?"

"Well, no, not exactly. They might have a problem with us, but let's not worry about that until we have to, okay?"

"Alright. Are you ready to go to sleep?" He asks.

"Yes, I almost fell asleep in the bath," you say giggling.

You both turn out the lights on your side of the bed and lay back down with Tony holding you.

"Goodnight Amy."

"Goodnight."