Chapter 11 - Unforeseen conflict

I sighed as I watched my assistance scramble about the fortress like castle, he wasn't sure why he was in such a panic really. Did something happened I had wondered. But alas, there seems to be nothing amiss. 

Which worried me to some degree. 

Now that I thought about it, the Nightmare King had been silent for quite some time, there hasn't been any darkness attacks either. Which makes it even more stranger. The more I thought about it, the more unease I feels. 

What exactly is the Nightmare king planning? 

Is he planning to attacked this kingdom, or attacked the camp? 

Yes, I know how special the camp may seem, but I really can't say much about it now can I? Only time can tell when it's right to tell who resides there.

Or unless something is happening there for plot reason.

But still, it was odd for the Nightmare king to be silent, what exactly is he planning?...And why is my assistance still panicking as if the world would end??

*

I watched my precious Strawberry go on and on about the little gems he had found when we both went  off on a little adventure. It was a good thing to, I didn't want my precious Strawberry be stuck in bed constantly, nor do I want him feeling like he was stuck in a room for so long. 

Although, I'm a bit concerned on what Strawberry would do with the gems. 

Last time he had any, well, he turned then into little necklaces. Specifically, for our family. I wasn't sure why he even made the necklaces for, but in the end, I was glad he did. I never knew he was good with enchantments, something that's been lost for so long, from what I know. Only so very few Red Steves achieve mastery over it. 

Which is something.

We all know the basic, but nothing much more than that as it gets complicated and more harder as we learn and grow. 

Hence why there's so very few with the capability with it now.

...

Now I wonder if the kids have similar knowledge on enchantments, if so, I hope they didn't do something stupid with it. 

*

"Sabre, the Orange Crystal here is merely half of it's true self. You and Orange would need to search for the other half, which, I don't know where it is quite frankly." Orange leader honestly told them both as Sabre took the Orange crystal.

Frowning when he noticed the difference with it. "Your right, I can feel the energy of the orange crystal being, imbalance in a way." Sabre commented, Raive nodded in confirmation, feeling the energy from the crystal indeed, different.

However, to Orange Steve, it felt like something else to him, he wasn't sure what though.

For now, they got the crystal, next up, the other crystals and to get them...

They would have to leave the village they all grew up and lived in for so long. "I wish you kids the best of luck in gathering the rest of the crystals, normally, I wouldn't let you three go, but times are different now. I'm sure your parents would be proud." Orange leader told Raive and Sabre.

The two smiled and orange stared with a distance look.

*

Ehh, I'm sure the kids are doing fine, although, I do hope they're alright...

(A/N: He doesn't know does he?)

I shake  my head lightly as I sighed, looking at a now sleeping strawberry, I chuckle softly and brushed there darken strawberry red hair out of there face. Watching them peacefully sleep, for once, I'm glad they're getting the rest they really needed. Always plagued with nightmares of the day we were both separated from the children's. 

Looking up at the sky, it was still well into the afternoon, so I carefully picked up my dear strawberry and carried him back to our camp and to our only shelter at the time. Making sure he was fine and all, as well as safe in our room. I left our room and closed the door, then go about my daily routine.

...

Until I heard lightning, that's usually never a good sign. 

In a state of panic, I went to where it came from, only to see someone I royally hate. 

"Nightmare King." I Said, seething with venomous anger, the said king just smirk, staring at me with a interested look. I didn't like that at all. 

"Hello to you to, Former Yellow King."