Chapter 18 - Just a dream...

Sabre woke up, only to be met with eternal darkness. He didn't know what was going on, the last thing he had remembered was going to the others to tell them about the numbers and size of the attack from the Darkness. Only to end there, he didn't know if he had simply just passed out or not, but whatever had happened, he's unsure. 

He look around, only to immediately realized that he was floating, there was nothing, but what felt like gravity. Curious, he tries to move around, noting that he could float around at least. With this, he tries to imagine there being Solid ground beneath him, which, ended up being actually appearing. With solid ground, Sabre walks around, trying to figured out what or where exactly is he at. 

After all, being wherever he's at, made him felt a chill went up his spine, he didn't like the cold and dark feel the whole unknown place gave him. 

With a sigh, Sabre continued on wards and explore, trying to at least find a way out of this harsh land.

*

What felt like hours had passed by, Sabre felt cold and alone. He couldn't figured out a way out, nor can he escape the dark and unforgiving cold that this unknown place gives. 

With a sigh, Sabre sit down, only to scream when he felt himself instead fall into nothing. 

Until he hit the ground, confused and disoriented, he look around, to find himself in his old childhood room. He was confused, he wasn't sure where he was at, he didn't understand why or how he had gotten home. 

He stood up and look around, sure enough, it really was his child hood home...Except, there was a few new photos. Confused, he walk over and picked them up, only to gasped in surprised shocked. 

It was a photo of himself, Raive and his parents, except, they were all older, well, what they all look like in present time. However, it didn't sit well with him, for one thing, his parents died when he was a child and his brother also died when he was around, maybe ten years old, or something like that. 

Confused and slightly scared, he left the photo, only to noticed another photo. One, he found oddly familiar to himself. 

It was a photo of what seems to be himself, but he worn a chicken onesie for some odd reasons, there was also another player, it looks like. The other player had dirty blonde hair, fair, yet slightly darken skin, striking sky blue eyes, a black shirt with a red vest with black outlines, black shorts and black and red shoes. Followed by a black and red cap. 

Then there was, what looks to be a Steve. The Steve had pale, yet rainbow colored hair that is long enough to be tied into a lose ponytail over his shoulder, pure yet bright aquamarine blue eyes, fair yet pale skin, sky blue shirt and a rainbow colored Scarf, very similar to the one that Sabre is wearing. Indigo trousers, followed by black and white shoes.

For some reason, Sabre couldn't help, but feel as though he held a strong connection to this Rainbow Steve. He just wasn't sure what exactly.

"Sabre! Come downstairs, me and your father need to speak with you about something!"

Startled, he immediately put the photo in his pocket and went down stairs, only to stare at his dad face.

He couldn't believe it.

His dad, Mr. Red, was standing in the kitchen, looking alive and well.

He couldn't belive that he was alive, yet, this all felt so...

Wrong.

"... Daddy?" Sabre softly say, quietly crying a little.

Mr. Red? Frowned, he walked over to Sabre, only for the said person to backed up, he was confused and concerned. "Sabre? Are you alright? Did something happen?" Mr. Red? Asked with a worried tone that sounded too....fake to be real. Sabre just whimpers a little, backing away from him.

He couldn't accept it.

He couldn't understand.

How is he here? Why is he here? What is the point of him being there at all?

He just wanted to go home...

Why...

Why does this happen to him...?

Just, why...

Sabre doesn't noticed that everything around him had vanished, leaving him back in the dark, yet cold void like place he was in before. He hugged himself as he lays down and curled up, trying as hard as possible to hide himself as he cries.

His cries echos through out the whole void like place.

He remembers all the happy memories he had of his family, yet, it only made him cried even more.

He missed his family.

He missed his older brother warm hugs.

His father words of encouragement.

His dad loving affections...

He just missed his family...

Then suddenly...

"Sabre, you need to wake up."

Sabre stopped crying for a moment, confused on where the voice had came from. He sit up a little, holding onto his scarf as if it was his lifeline and look around. Only to be met with...

Rainbow Steve.

"Sabre, you need to wake up, okay? Your story isn't over yet, you can get out of this, you can be with your family, alright?" Rainbow Steve softly told Sabre, wiping away the strays tears that fell. Sabre only whimpered in response, he wasn't sure what to do or how to wake up...

He heard rainbow sighed, until Sabre felt himself get pulled into a loving, yet, warm hug. "It will be alright Sabre... It will be alright..." He softly tells Sabre, who held onto the rainbow clad Steve tightly. Crying more then he had ever did in his time in the void like realm....

*

Sabre woke up a little, noticing that he was in what looks to be a bedroom. He was confused, he felt as though someone was holding him closely. He tried to get up, but couldn't, he look at whoever was holding him, only to softly smile.

He snuggled closer and simple fell asleep in there loving, yet, warm embrace.

After all, Orange Steve had always been there for him, even during his Darkest Hours.

*

At this point, I'm just hinting at a Sabre X Orange ship now cuz of this ending.

I don't know why, but every time I tried to at least make it seem like it's platonic or friend sorta thing, it just turns out like a ship instead.

Oh well, can't really changed it all that much either.

Also, by the way.

Where is Raive anyways? ;)

We'll find out soon enough hehe.

-Aria