Chapter 16 - Shadows of war

Sabre panicked when he saw the group of darkness, with a few giant one as well in the group. It was bad, they were all not prepared for this unexpected siege. They weren't even sure if they would hold there grounds against it honestly. Worst case scenario, the small village like town would fall. 

With one last look at the group of darkness, he head back inside of the castle, ignoring the slight pain in his back and went to find the others to tell them how many giant darkness and normal darkness there is. He can't let this town fall, not now and not ever. He already found more of his family, he can't lose them here. 

However, he stopped as he felt a sharp pain in his back, he can't seem to focus well cause of that sharp pain. With a shake of his head, he continue to try and find the others. 

Once he found them, the sharp pain he had felt earlier had already disappeared, almost as if it was never there in the first place. Which was good for  him as he couldn't afford to worried about it now at a time like this. Anyways, when he had found the others, he found them talking about what to do against the darkness. 

"Kyzuri, think you could evacuate the yellow steves to the Orange village?" Yellow Leader, Lynell, tells him, at first, Kyzuri was confused, then remembered that the Yellow Kingdom is being ruled by the Nightmare King. "Yes father. I'll make sure that the Steves are evacuated as quickly as possible and try to prevent minimal injuries." Kyzuri answered as he glance at everyone then immediately leave the room to do as he was told. 

"Orange, think you can at least fight the normal Darkness?" Lynell asked, Orange shrugged. "Give me a bow and a sword, then probably. I can used my abilities to try and make the arrows into potion tipped arrow to see what works best against them. If they don't work, I'll try spectral arrows." Orange answered with a small smile, Lynell hums in thought for a moment, then nodded. 

Gesturing for one of the guards to give Orange what he wanted, which the guard complied to, by giving Orange a Diamond Sword and a Bow with a stack of arrows in the quiver. "This amount of Arrows good enough for you Orange?" The guard asked, Orange look at the arrows for a moment, then nodded. "This should be a good amount, I can always create more if I ran out." He answered, the Guard nodded, then frowned. 

"Excuse me for being a bit out of line, but, Young Sabre don't seem to be fairing well." The guard said, it startled Lynell and Orange a bit as they both look at Sabre, who was slightly swaying, trying a bit hard to stay upright, he was also having trouble focusing on the conversation at hand as well. 

"Sabre?" Lynell softly asked, only to immediately caught him when he suddenly collapse, panicked, the guard went to get a medic, knowing the situation at hand and didn't need the leader order. Lynell immediately picked up Sabre went rushed into his room, with Orange quickly following after them.

Once they gotten to the room, lynell put Sabre I'm his bed. Noticing that he was starring to show signs of high fever, he took off the hoodie he had worn and 0ut it to the side, same with the blind fold he always worn.

Lynell place his hand in Sabre forehead, noticing that he was burning up. He glance at orange, who understands that he would be needed in the battlefield to prevent the darkness from destroying this land. With a single look, he left the room, just as the guard entered the room with a medic.

Lynell can only hope, Sabre would be fine, as this, was not the right time for such a unexpected occurrence to take place.

Well.

More like a bad time for Sabre Hybrid features to start showing signs.

*

Orange being concerned is an understatement, he's more than just concerned. He's terrified for what could happen to Sabre. Especially at a time like this. He knows that the darkness attacking now of all time caused him stress. Stress that caused his hybrid features to start showing signs of being known.

With a sighed, he look over at the battle field. He and the guards had managed to take down at least one of the darkness beast with the TNT canons. He was grateful that Kyzuri had managed to evacuate everyone in time. Otherwise, it would have been more difficult to fight against the darkness and keep the steves save and out of harm's way.

With a sighed, Orange took out the bow and a single arrow. He pulled the arrow back with the bow string, aiming at what seems like a missed target, which is the darkness.

With a slight whisper of his powers, he changed the arrow into a more condense spectral arrow, holding more glow stone then normal. With a smirk, he shoots the arrow.

He watched the arrow hit the ground next to it target that seems confused.

Until.

It exploded into a puff of glistening light.

Destroyed at least 5 darkness in it's perimeter.

Orange smiled, seemingly satisfied, he had found something of his interest, perhaps, he should do more of this 'testing' with his powers. Maybe spar with gerald and the others.

Of course, thoughts and plans for another day. He have a battle to win and a best friend to worried about.

*

:)

Orange being smart about using his powers? Why the heck not, seems like a good idea anyways.

Sabre being in pain cuz his hybrids features showing sign of being grown? Bad timing, they gotta hurried before it's too late.

Sometimes.

I forget that Orange is 17 and Sabre is at least 16? In this story. Dunno how I fucked up there age but oh well. More emotional angst!

Also.

Gerald may get appearance again, but who knows what I got planned for the guy.

And finally, we got Kyzuri saying dad to Lynell. Orange being the overly protective friend to Sabre cause why the heck not.

This is all, see ya in another chapter :)

-Aria