Chapter 22 - Confronting what could be the future

Orange POV

"I'm not letting anywhere near Sabre, Nightmare King." I calmly answered, letting a hint of venom show in my tone. He simply glared at me- Before I know it, I just barely dodged a punch to the face. Heh, hand to hand combat? Not good at it, but I can managed with it. I quickly shot an arrow at him, a bit surprised to see that he was somewhat affected by it, but not a lot. I guess I have to used something else that be more effective against him. 

I quickly made my bow vanished and once again, barely dodged another punch. I quickly countered that by kicking him in the back when then side dodged another punch. I can tell he was more experience in hand to hand combat then me, so I'm gonna struggled for a while- 

I staggered back when I got kicked in the guts. I glared at the now smiling looking nightmare king. I growled as I went to punched him, but he sidestepped, grabbed my arm and threw me at a wall- Damn that hurts. I fell to the ground and glared at him walk towards me. I was seriously outmatched. 

Before I could do anything, Nightmare King grabbed me by the neck and held me in the air. I struggled to get out of gripped, but I couldn't. I simply gave him a death glared. 

I want to ripped that smirk off his face so badly with a origin damn chair. 

A netherite one at that. 

...

Okay that was actually a odd thought- 

"You know Orange Steve, I expected more from you, but really, your just a disappointment." The Nightmare King commented with a disappointed tone, I glared at him even more. I felt the pressure on my neck loosen a bit, just enough for me to speak. "Really? Your just going to keep taunting me like that?" I said with a taunting tone,  Nightmare king growled and slam me against the wall- ORIGIN DAMN IT THAT HURTS. 

I think I broke something. 

Probably a rib or two. 

Maybe. 

I heard Nightmare growled dangerously as he applied more pressure against my neck, making it harder for me to remotely breath. I struggled to even try to take a breath cause of it. "Now now Orange Steve~ I know you have the Orange Crystal. Hand it Over." Nightmare King demanded, applying even more pressure against my neck. 

I weakly glared at him and gave him the middle finger, cause let face it. 

Everyone hates him. 

But not as much as I hate a certain cloak Steve that better stay in that cold forsake dimension. 

*

The said Steve that was mentioned tripped over something and fell off cliff. 

*

Nightmare King glared at me- He have a really angry look, I think I managed to make him hella mad and- 

...

Oh Origins why am I in the void now- Did I get knocked out? Well, I did felt pain for a split second- 

"Orange Steve, your an idiot. You know? Your just unconscious right now." 

Aww no- Come on! WHY?

"You- Orange Steve. This is your twentieth timeline run, you really shouldn't messed this up." 

I know, but I wasn't exactly guided during all those previous attempts, you know? I mean it, I really wasn't guided during those time. I know for a fact, this time, Gerald has guides to help him be the Overseer of our realms. I know he doesn't have the memories of his ancient past. 

"As much as I could tolerate you being you, your right after all. There really wasn't anyone to properly guide you. But you and I know we can't afford to give you one this time.  Time is running out. Heck- We don't even know what could happened if Sabre dies now!" 

Must you remind me of Sabre dying? I seen his death so much, I just can't, I just can't deal with it anymore. The loop was fine, but it still hurts. We aren't the original timeline. We're merely just a copy of it, with twist and turns. We're not meant to be the same, we're a whole different alternative universe after all. 

"Dude, I didn't asked for a conversation that hurts." 

Deal with it Elemental. 

"I hate you." 

I hate you too buddy. 

"Why did we agreed to changing our timeline future?" 

I don't know, but let me get back to the over world, I got a wasp/rotten banana to beat up. 

"Fine- But you better be fast. Rotten Banana is about to take the orange crystal." 

F-CK NO, NO ONE STEALS MY ORANGE CRYSTAL CUZ IT'S LITERALLY ME. 

*

I woke up with a jolt- only to feel utter pain, I look up to see that Nightmare King was shocked to see me awake, I used that moment to just- I don't know- quickly punched him in the damn face. Making sure I still had the Orange Crystal, I was glad to see that I still got it. With a smirk, I hold onto it and felt a bit of energy from it go through me. 

I smirked as I materialized a sword from it and immediately threw it at the nightmare king, managed to injured his arm. He staggered back, holding his now bleeding arm, growling dangerously at me. 

"You may think you won this, Orange Steve, but we both know, this is merely just the Beginning of a endless cycle." Nightmare King growled as he teleported away. 

The camp slowly released the tension it all had from what had happened. Most of the yellow Steves there made sure to keep all ways to Sabre guarded while others hope that Orange Steve wouldn't get heavily injured.

For now though, they can at least relax....

Until Sabre suddenly screamed. 

*

:)

What could this chapter all mean? We'll find out more as we go haha. 

-Aria