Chapter 21 - Family reunion cut so short

"...Dad?" Raive said with a startled, yet, shocked tone.

The Yellow King was just as surprised as he was to see him, except, he had a look of distress and devastation. He never expected to learn that his eldest son would be dead, a mere ghost of what he was.

He does not know what his lover would say when he sees Raive state now, he would likely be heartbroken. Something, he doesn't wish to see at all. Nor would he handle in his weaken state.

"Uhh, sir? Sabre is on my back asleep, but Lynell said that he might get his hybrids features soon and um, once mentioned something about imprinting?" Orange told him, the yellow king stares at him for a moment, before glaring at him. Getting Orange to look a bit nervous and anxious. "Yes, my brother had told me so through his letter. You didn't do anything to Sabre while he was sick, have you?" He asked with a serious tone.

Orange shakes his head no.

The yellow king smiles. "Good, otherwise I would have personally killed you if you did do something to him." He answered, Orange just shivered in slight fear. Yeah, he rather not make him angry in any way honestly.

"Dad. Don't be so mean to Orange! He's Sabre best friend and he wouldn't do anything to hurt him." Raive told him with a huff as he crossed his arms. The Yellow king chuckled a little. "I know Raive, but I can't help but at least be protective alright?" He said, Raive just sighed as he floated over to Orange and Sabre. Well, he just poke Sabre.

"Sabre- Wake up- Dad here-"

Sabre immediately woke up after hearing about there dad...only to almost fall off of Orange back, had he not managed to keep his balance. Although, cause of Sabre being woken up to the mention of there dad and also being poked by Raive, he kinda ended up getting somewhat dizzy in the process.

"Careful Sabre, your still adjusting to gaining your hybrids features." The Yellow king calmly told him, Sabre stares at him for a good minute, before getting off of Orange back and tackling hugged him. "DAD! YOUR ACTUALLY ALIVE!" Sabre shouted in both happiness and shocked.

Hugging his dad tightly, Yellow king softly smiles and hugs back. "Yeah, sorry me and your papa had to fake our death, we couldn't really risk nightmare getting to you kids." He told him with a apologetic tone. Sabre stops hugging him and stood up. "It's okay dad, we forgive you. Also, where is papa?" Sabre then asked.

Yellow king was silent for a moment, wondering how he should tell them of the state they're in. Raive and Orange look at one another, confused by the sudden silences from him.

"Did something happened to Mr. Red?" Orange carefully asked, not wanting to say anything that would get the yellow king mad. Said king shakes his head. "No, not that. Just... He haven't fully recovered from the attack all those years ago. His regeneration has weaken by a lot cause of both that and the years he's been alive..." He answered softly with a solemm tone.

They all were silent, they weren't all too sure what to say about that.

Not even gerald knew what to say when he just gotten to there.

It was all silent.... Until sabre started whimpering all of a sudden. Worried and really concerned, Yellow king check him to see what was wrong. Until he saw his back suddenly bloody. Panick and realizing what was going on, he called for the healer to give him some heal is and regenerations potions as he rushes to the room that Mr. Red was in, being careful with carrying sabre.

Orange and raive on the other hand, raive went after his father and brother while orange stayed behind to make sure things are in order, but to distract him from his constantly worries.

He had a dark presence approach, but he wasn't sure what it was....

Until he heard lightning and not so familiar voice.

"Well well well, what do we have here?"

The Nightmare King has arrived.

*

By the time the yellow king gotten to Mr. Red room, he was a bit surprised to see that he was awake, but they both know the more important matter was sabre.

He was getting his wings.

He gently put Sabre next to Mr. Red, making sure that he was somewhat laying on his side, but more on his stomach. He carefully took off his scarf, jacket and shirt so it wouldn't end up being completely ruined with blood.

He and Mr. Red can already see that his wings had already sprouted and was drenched in blood, but... It wasn't completely finished growing out.

By the time the healer brought in the potions, the yellow king took them and asked the guards and his assistant to guard them, not letting anyone in unless he says so. Raive phase through the wall and stayed near Mr. Red and sabre side.

Mr. Red was gently comforting the crying sabre that was in excruciating pain from just him gaining his wings.

This...

Will not be so easy as they once thought..

*

"Ahh, Orange Steve, I didn't expect to see you here of all places." Nightmare king said with a hint of interest as he glared at orange Steve.

Who just gave him a death glared as he summoned his bow and aim an arrow at him. "What do you want nightmare king?" He asked with a venomous tone. The nightmare king just chuckled as he glared at orange.

The surrounding yellow steves stood with tense fear, afraid of what could happen.

"You see, I am here for Sabre."