n vs d

And just like that, a gust of wind has been casted directly towards the two.

The wind were almost as sharp as blades, several being thrown at the Akatsuki members. Some managed to land a hit here and there, however, they escaped away at ease for their reflexes had kicked in on time.

"Tsk, I wasn't fast enough"

Shikamaru watched in awe, surprised to see Naruto in action like this. Now that he thinks about it, the scrolls Naruto had been studying on were related to wind techniques.

Ah now that connects everything,, kind of.

He quickly snapped out of his daze and ran to where Naruto was standing.

He slid beside him, hands already in position to cast his jutsu and asked, "Hey Naru, have you ever fought someone before?"

"Ah actually no, this is my first time. I've only fought against Big Sis Temari, Gaara, and Kankuro"

"Huh? You're related to them??"

The rest of team made it to where the two are and got into position as they watched the two enemies prepare an attack.

"Ah no I'm not like blood related but- ugh I'll explain later"

Naruto heard a quiet scoff from the side.

"Oh wonderful, a newbie who's clueless in fighting"

Naruto huffed out angrily, glaring behind his mask at the unnamed fanged boy. This person dares to scoff at him? And what's with that cocky tone?

"Shut it you! I saved your life from a falling building that you could've easily moved away from if you'd taken five steps! Ungrateful much"

"Well excuse me! I didn't expect it to happen okay?! I panicked and-"

"Kiba, stop. He helped us and saved our lives, there's no need to pick a fight"

Kiba kept opening and closing his mouth as he tried to form a sentence, but he failed to do so and decided to just follow Sasuke's words. He huffed while crossing his arms and mumbled to himself.

Deidara let out a chuckle, wiping the cut on his cheek with his sleeve and stared at Naruto with wide eyes.

"Looks like we're gonna have to take you by force Uzumaki Naruto"

Ino pointed a finger at him with a heated glare, "We won't let you take the Jinchuriki- or uh this kid!!"

"Kid?" Naruto repeated dumbfounded.

"She is correct! I shall not let you have your hands on my new youthful friend!" Lee announced loudly.

Naruto remembered Shikamaru talking about his friends and how loud they are but they all seemed like nice and fun people. It would be nice if he could get close to them too.

He sighed deeply, his frown deepened as he began to feel nervous about this situation. His hands clenching tighter around his fan.

This is his first time, he didn't expect to start fighting already after just recently getting the hang of using up his chakra.

It was all scary, yet, also thrilling.

He felt like there was a spark of thrill of being able to fight a real fight against someone he had never met. Yet, since they were after him, he could easily be taken away if he's not careful enough with his next course of action.

Was this the right choice to make? He's defending his own life versus risking the lives of many others,, did he deserve this? But Shikamaru would be sad if he had went... but he's also endangering his friend's teammates by doing so.