confronting. 2

That excuse isn't gonna work anymore.

Shikamaru hurriedly pushes himself up and ran after Naruto. When he managed to reach the road where Naruto ran at, he paused.

Where did he go? How could he run away that fast?

No way he would just poof himself away, Shikamaru had seen him try and failed to do so not long ago.

He walked down the semi-empty dirt road, scanning everywhere for his blond friend. He's not gonna let this slide anymore, if someone is actually harming him then he's gonna be there to help Naruto.

However, a little farther a head of him, he heard a slight sound of trash cans falling hard on the ground and chattering voices.

Could that be..?

His heart quicken slightly, mind going into a very slight frenzy.

He's not afraid of a bunch of troublemakers, no way, the only thing he is worried about was Naruto being their main target. The people reactions were the only hint he'd gotten from this. That kid doesn't know how to fend for himself, not even a basic ankle kick to make an enemy drop down.

He picked up his pace faster, getting closer and closer towards the loud noise.

"Wait please! Just leave me alone, I promise I won't do anything! I'm- I'm not-"

"Don't deny it you shitty beast!"

"A devil himself! Cursed by the gods!"

"Learn your place!"

Shikamaru overheard at least a small portion of the dispute, recognizing one of the voices he was hoping not to know.

Naruto.

Naruto is in danger.

"Hiding half of your hideous face behind that mask is such a good idea haha, who would want to look at you anyways right?"

"Those ugly colored eyes and those scars"

His fingernails dig deep into his palms, creating crescent shapes engraved on it. He'd finally found them, the two bastards harming Naruto.

It's finally time.

"Don't fucking ignore what he's saying,

Leave. Him. A L O N E."

The two, clearly drunk, men head snapped towards Shikamaru direction and stared dumbfounded at him. The cold glare that was going to their direction made their spines shake a bit. They looked shocked, as if they were not expecting anyone to actually tell them to stop.

Shikamaru casted his eyes downwards and at Naruto's laid body, he looked already all beat up and bruised from head to toe. Adding on to that, one of the fugly men still had his foot placed on his head.

That did not sit well with Shikamaru.

"So you guys were the one harming my friend all this time" Shikamaru spoke lowly, sliding his hands inside his pockets.

"I need to stay calm"

It was completely silent until laughter broke out.

"F-friend?! This thing has a friend?? BWHAHA" both of the older dudes laughed out loudly.

Naruto tried his best to squirm away.

Them laughing is causing the pressure on his head to be pushed down harder on the ground. The other side of his face was basically scrapping against the floor, obviously knowing that a bruise is gonna form once he's able to get back up.