suspects

.       .        .

Dead silence.

There wasn't a single person in sight on the darken road. Stores and restaurants were all closed or beginning to close as the moon begins to slowly reveal itself in the sky.

The sound of dirt and rock being stepped on were the only sound Shikamaru can focus on to calm his nerves down.

He walked in his usual demeanor, shoulders rested down alongside his back, hands in his pocket, and slow, steady steps. His face had no expression, no emotions were shown.

This situation kind of feels like the first time he encountered Naruto's predators. The feeling in his palms earlier in the restaurant had returned. His finger nails were scraping lightly against them, itching for some sort of feeling.

Walking slowly, but steadily, he came across the place he was hoping was still open, the restaurant that him and Naruto ate at.

He hid himself under the shadow of the building across from it, keeping himself away from view.

The lights inside are still glowing and he could see a couple of silhouettes through the window.

Perfect.

He let out a short, dry chuckle. He hasn't even begun yet but his plan was already set and soon will be going into motion.

He leaned against the brick wall, smile slipping off of his face as he stared coldly over at the people behind the window, laughing amongst themselves. As if they weren't guilty of anything.

"You're gonna regret messing with Naru"

The shadow against the wall engulfed Shikamaru's whole body, allowing him to enter into the dark unknown.

"Goodness today was such a long day!"

"Tell me about it, so many customers today but we making bucks!"

The lady and the man both sighed out at the same time, happy to be earning money through their hard work.

They were cleaning up the restaurant, preparing to leave for the day and head off home. They cleaned in complete silence until the lady broke it.

"That little shit showed up to our restaurant"

The man grunted, "It sure did.. the nerve of it to show up to our place or even out overall. No one here wants to see it, shouldn't it understand that by now??"

"And that Nara kid... was protecting it. Has his parents not taught him not to do so?! He's gonna get himself killed if he stays with the beast. Aggravating honestly!"

"Maybe he's plotting something to go against it? The Nara family is known to be high in intelligence so he is most likely just observing it before getting rid of it for good. Pft- HAHAH! No one here actually likes that freak of a monster"

They laughed together at their indirect insults, not feeling any sort of guilt as they continued wishing threats towards Naruto.

The lady had finished up moping the floor while the man finished cleaning the dishes. They directed themselves towards a single table to continue their chat.

"So, how did it go? What did you paint? I hope it's something that it'll memorize why it's not wanted. Clocking is ticking~"

"Do not worry, I made sure it was loud and clear" the man said with a smirk.