discovery

The sound of heavy running surrounded Konoha as everyone desperately made their way through to a safer area, away from the now dangerous zone. Shikamaru was part of the runners, however, he was running the exact opposite of where everyone was going.

After a few seconds of processing of the announcement Tsunade gave out, he immediately bolted straight out the window. His breath was slowly getting heavier the more steps he took.

"Shikamaru! Where are you going?!"

"Hokage-sama wasn't finished speaking!"

He ignored his friends calls, quickening his pace as he sees his house getting close in vision.

No way in hell is he was gonna allow them to just hand over the mask boy to the enemies hands.

Over his dead body.

He slammed his feet down once he landed inside his backyard and quickly bolted towards the sliding doors. He hurriedly ran inside and scanned through each section of the house.

Dining room? Nothing.

Kitchen? Nothing.

Living room? Nothing.

Bathroom? Nothing.

His thoughts are beginning to scramble together at every empty spot,, he could feel his adrenaline running.

Naruto's bed room? Nothing.

"Shikamaru! What are you doing?! Now is not the time to-"

Kiba was cut off with a hard shove on the shoulder. Shikamaru had pushed past him, making his way through the other rooms available.

Neji and Sasuke simply watched in shock at the silent genius.

His bed room? Nothing.

Causal room?

"Nothing?!?!"

He was now beginning to show his panic. Grabbing onto his hair, he crouched down in irritation and closed his eyes to calm himself down.

"Did they take him already?? Why isn't he here??"

They couldn't possibly have taken him already when there is still bomb powder surrounding the air. He needs to go search around the whole area quickly before disaster happens and hide him away until it's safe.

Neji carefully made his way over at Shikamaru's crouched body and patted his back lightly.

"Are you alright?"

Neji took a step back as he watched Shikamaru suddenly stood up. Shikamaru eyes were glaring straight at him.

"What kind of question is that?? Why the hell would I be?!"

Kiba frowned at the response, "Hey man! We don't know what the hell is going on with you so of course we're gonna ask that!!"

"You just jumped out the window without any response!"

Shikamaru eyes softened a little and turned his head away from his friends.

"Look, I don't have time to explain so head back to the others while I-"

*BOOM*

Snapping their heads towards the window, the four boys sees something falling down. Whatever was falling was shaped into spiders and very much white.