gotcha

"Naruto, are you really sure you're alright enough to walk? You still look a little pale from your earlier pain, here climb on my back!" Sakura ran up ahead a bit and crouched down on the floor, back facing Naruto.

"I uh yeah no that's alright. Anyways I'm fine Sakura! There's no need to worry about me, it's just a simple stomachache"

Sasuke folded his arms together, quirking an eyebrow at him. "How about explaining the part where you were reaching for the scroll"

Naruto took a quick glance at the scroll in Sai's pouch, the earlier feeling still lingering inside his head. The stupid fox that lives inside of him didn't say anything to him at all, just kept his eyes closed while swaying his tails.

"All I will say is that you guys shouldn't trust me with that or else something bad might happen"

"Like what?"

"It's so bad, to the point that I'm even scared of it even happening! Worst possible thing to exist!" Naruto said, covering his eyes with one of his arm while the other straightened out.

Sakura leaned closer to him with a hint of fear on her face. "Is it really that bad??"

"Oh you have no idea. It's horrifying, utter destruction, utter CHAOS!!"

She gripped onto the collar of his shirt and shook him. "SPIT IT OUT ALREADY!"

He tried to give her a response but nothing but gibberish came out of his mouth. With the amount of strength she has, Naruto could feel his brain turning in circles.

"Sakura, he can't say anything because you're shaking him too hard"

Sakura eyes widened in realization before she let go of him. Naruto fell onto the ground with a loud thud, he stayed on it for a bit while his vision swirled around. She chuckled nervously, picking Naruto right back up at ease and dusted off the dirt on his clothes.

"Yeah uh sorry about that hahah.."

Naruto stumbled on his foot a bit, waiting for his brain to set back in place. Sakura stood beside him until he recovered. She coughed behind her fist, cheeks slightly tinted red.

"As you were saying"

"I honestly forgot what I was going with that but yeah- just don't give me the scroll and we are all safe and happy and can enjoy the rest of our lives. Got it?"

Everyone blankly nodded at him.

"Good! Let's get back home and sleep the days away!" Naruto clapped his hands together and marched down the road.

Sakura and Sai took a quick look at each other and shrugged. They soon followed along behind Naruto but Sasuke was the only one who stayed at his spot. He didn't like how this mission was turning out, everything was way too easy. There's an obvious twist to all of this.

He stood still, eyes and ears scanning around the forest closely. The wind began to pick up, blowing against the leaves, causing them to let out the sound of rustling while the birds chirped happily.

Then, a sound of a tree branch cracked.

"Gather!"

With their fast reflex, Sakura and Sai quickly ran beside Naruto with their kunai out and roughly pushed him back. Before Naruto could understand what was going on, Sasuke jumped over Naruto and swung his right leg towards where Naruto was facing.