visiting

After many matches later, the winners were standing down below the battle ground again. The current Hokage, Lotd Hiruzen, was also down with them, announcing some things.

Everyone in the crowd looked focused on what he was saying so Naruto took this chance to go down carefully and find Temari. He was worried about her, she looked very dissatisfied when she called out a forfeit.

Sneaking inside, he walked through the empty hallway and looked through the rooms carefully.

"Naruto?"

Naruto jolted and turn his body quickly to see who it was.

"Oh Kankuro and Gaara! Nice to see you guys again" Naruto whispered-yelled to them.

"What are you doing? Why are you walking around as if you're sneaking?" Gaara asked while he and Kankuro walked closer to him.

"Nice to see you too! And also, why are you whispering?" Kankuro whispered-yelled back.

"I can't get caught by anyone or else things won't end well for me but I'm looking for Big sis Temari, I'm making sure she's okay" Naruto whispers again as he continues looking for where she could be.

"Big sis?"

"Ah she told me that she was gonna train me and teach me how to use wind techniques but she told me to call her 'Big sis'. I don't know why but I do not mind"

"She must be desperate since me nor Gaara address her like that" Kankuro thought to himself, feeling his eyebrows twitching.

"... you're really kind Naruto, she's in the other side and she's currently alone" Gaara told him.

Naruto gave him a quick "thank you" and hurriedly made his way inside.

Speed walking inside, he saw Temari sitting on the chair and her head resting on her hands. She didn't look too happy so Naruto was a little afraid to talk.

"H-hello"

Temari glanced at Naruto and sighed.

"So you watched the whole thing"

"Yes and-"

She shook her head.

"I'm sorry you had to watch that, that was embarrassing of me. I could've easily won that if I hadn't kept messing around, I could've showed you my potential that you'd be learning" Temari sighed out.

Naruto came closer to her and sat down beside her. He reached out a hand to her shoulder and grinned.

"What do you mean?? You were totally awesome! The way you used your jutsu's and summonings, the way you moved, the way you spoked, I was blown away! It got me even more excited to learn from you!" Naruto told her truthfully.

"What? Really?"

"Yes!! So please don't continue bringing yourself down, it's all part of growing. To improve! I'll be looking forward to being under your teaching Big sis!"

Temari stared at him with wide eyes before chuckling. She raised her hand and patted his shoulder back and smiled.

"You're right, I promise I'll teach you useful things"

"Mmhmm! Ah but when would I be able to use those stuff though?"

"What do you mean"

Naruto places his hand on his chin and raised his head up.

"Well, I'm not a shinobi so I wouldn't be able to go on missions and stuff.."

"Oh how about coming with me and my brothers whenever we have a chance to contact you? You're not a 'leaf ninja' so you can easily roam around. You could also use it whenever you're in danger or others so"

Naruto smiled big again and stood up, raising his fist in the air.

"I didn't think of that! Okay, I can't wait for this!!"

Temari just watched him jumped around with a smile.

"Shoot I should hurry back though! Sorry Big sis, when and where should I meet you?"

"Oh hm it takes a while to travel back and forth so how about I meet you near the training ground by the Kiso river, twice a week? I'll make time to see you"

"Yes perfect! I'll see you then and thank you!"

"Bye bye"

Naruto ran out and towards where he was watching before.
Reaching the area without being noticed, he saw Shikamaru seated.

"Hey Shika, sorry for leaving for a bit" Naruto said as he ran closer to him.

"No you're fine, where were you?"

"I was talking to someone, just making sure they were okay after their match"

Naruto sat beside Shikamaru and let out a huff. Trying to be sneaky at a crowded area is hard.

Shikamaru glances over at him and released a yawn before testing something again.

"Well I won my match, how about we celebrate?"

"... Shika, you already know what I'm gonna answer" Naruto mumbled out, tapping his fingers lightly on the top of the roof.

"You said yes to come to my match so it's worth a shot to ask this. It'll be my treat, we could go eat ramen"

Ooo that's tempting..
Naruto turned his head away and pouted.

"You think saying that would make me say yes?"

"Miso ramen~ drinking the warm broth would be very satisfying~" Shikamaru continued.

Mmmm!

"S-stop it"

"It would be too bad that I'd be eating such a huge warm bowl alone, siigh"

Naruto couldn't handle it anymore and launched himself onto Shikamaru, his arms wrapped around Shikamaru's shoulder and hanged off him slightly.

"Fine! FINE! You win.. I'll go b-but it's just because it's for your celebration! Not because I desperately want to eat ramen.."

Shikamaru grinned and placed his left hand onto Naruto's waist.

He's not smart for nothing, he knows after some further thinking that Naruto is being harmed by somebody. With this, Shikamaru could easily examine around who's been messing around Naruto since Naruto isn't telling him any more information on the matter. He's gonna keep him close to him at all cost and hopefully see who the problem is.

Naruto was just too easy and kind, it worries Shikamaru how nice he is.

"Thank you, let's eat well"

...

"Don't say I didn't warn you.." Naruto whispered very quietly.

Shikamaru just gave him a "hm?" and Naruto just shakes his head, to brush it off.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you this but your new outfit looks nice on you" Shikamaru complimented, tugging on his orange jacket.

"Ah thank you.." Naruto responded, almost shyly. Tightening his hold a little around Shikamaru while he felt his face heat up a bit.

"Heeeh are you being shy? Let me see your face"

"Wha! No I'm not! It's just that- hey stop it!! Don't squish my cheeeeeks!!"

-