picture moment

"Naruto~ sweetie, it's time to wake up"

Naruto mumbled out inaudible words, slowly pushing himself up so that he could be fully seated up. He rubbed his eyes but before he could take glimpse of his surroundings, a hand covered over them.

"Your mask fell off while you were sleeping, don't want you revealing something you don't want to right?"

Oh he recognizes who this is, it's Shikamaru's mom.

Yoshino used her other hand to flip around the blanket until she found his mask. When she got a hold of it, she pulled away her hand that was covering his eyes and gently placed the mask for him.

She tied a pretty knot around his head and pulled away with a smile. Naruto slowly opened his eyes, adjusting the bright light of the room and looked up at Yoshino.

"What a pretty smile" Naruto thought to himself.

"Shikamaru went off for a mission earlier and Shikaku went to work so it's just you and me. Let's spend some time together hm? Shikamaru has been hogging you and not giving me a chance to get to know you better"

She gave him a quick peck on the head before walking out the door to prepare breakfast.

Naruto blushed at the action.

He raised his hand up towards where she left it and clenched the bedsheet with his other. He let out a small smile.

He's never received a motherly kiss on the head before, it made him feel all warm inside, yet he couldn't help but still feel a little sad. After last nights incident, he honestly didn't have the motivation to do anything.

But seeing how Yoshino looked so excited to spend time with him, he didn't have the heart to turn her down.

He stretched out his limbs to crack his back and began his little routine. It was nice of them to keep his things in this house just in case he was gonna come back.

When he finished, he went downstairs and stopped right at the dining room entrance. There he watched Yoshino travel to the kitchen and back at the table with a very excited expression.

She was carrying quite a lot of dishes in her arms and Naruto was very impressed.

"A power mom..." Naruto said to himself, applauding lightly at her.

Yoshino head turned to his direction and made her ending point to the table.

"What are you doing standing over there? Come on, it's already finish" Yoshino said, removing her apron and seated herself on the chair.

Naruto's chest warmed up at the sight.

It reminds him of when he was passing by an apartment one night, he saw a mother and a daughter having a meal together and laughing. He remembers feeling envious of them.

He hopped his way over and plopped down on a seat right across from her.

He slapped his hands together and smiled.

"Thank you for the food!"

Yoshino watched him with warm eyes as Naruto inhales the food. Shikamaru and Shikaku aren't as energetic like this whenever they were together. Of course she loves them with her whole heart but seeing someone with so much energy, such as Naruto, is refreshing in a way.

"Remember to chew on your food or else you will choke"

"Mph mPh!"

She chuckled at Naruto's plumped up cheeks. She placed down her own chopsticks and went to grab a hold of something else.