all in one go

After the recent attack, Shikamaru and his team were given some time off from missions to get their energy back up again, which he is thankful for because he didn't want to deal with Tsunade any time soon. At the same time though, he was bitter at how long she was stalling to give them the information they needed to hear.

While on break, he had made sure that nothing had happen to Naruto, having to bitterly ask Tsunade to check up on his "seal" that Gaara briefly mentioned. The end results is that he was at the clear! He only really suffered through some burns and scratches but his mom patched him right up.

Today is a little bit different. When Shikamaru went down the stairs after finishing getting ready for the day, he heard some faint groans coming from one of the spar rooms in the back. Knowing it was Naruto, he went to grab a drink for the both of them and headed his way to where he is.

Opening the sliding door, what he saw almost made him drop the glass bottles onto the wood floor.

"Naru... what the hell?"

"I can explain"

The room was full of papers with messed up writing and drawings on them, it practically covered the whole flooring and some even leaning against the walls. Looking at Naruto, he had ink all over his face, mask, and hands while staring at Shikamaru with his brush standing still in his hand.

"Shouldn't you be resting? What are you doing making a huge mess in this room"

"I thought learning sealing would make me cool but I'm actually struggling on how to do it perfectly hahah oops"

"Yeah you do suck at drawing them"

The corner of Naruto's lips twitched at Shikamaru's truthfulness and gripped his brush tighter. He shaking my turned his head away from him and back at the paper he was practicing on.

"Yes I know, I don't need to hear it from you"

Naruto then aggressively smashed the brush down and swirled it around while mumbling some curse words here and there.

Shikamaru let out a playful huff before walking closer to Naruto and sitting slightly behind him. He placed the drinks down on the table and leaned his chest onto the shorter's back, observing the mask boy's concentration.

"You won't get anything done if you're going to fling the brush around like that, you need patience"

Naruto ears perked up slightly at Shikamaru's advice.

"Does that mean you'll help me?!"

Shikamaru lips curved downward and leaned his cheek to rest on his shoulder.

"Too troublesome"

"Pleaasee?"

"I'm going to take a nap"

Naruto pouted, "Meanie... leaving little me struggling on this very hard subject"

. . .

"Fine! Be that way, I can do this all by myself dattebayo!"

Naruto continued to aggressively switch out the paper and start fresh once again. He sighed through his nose before carefully following along with the book.

He grew excited when the final stroke was being drawn onto the paper. This one turned out differently from the rest, it actually closely resembles the image in the book! He quickly placed the brush down and placed his hands together to prepare.

"First, second, third, fourth, anndd fifth!"

He slammed his palm down onto the seal.