first mission

After that relaxing day at the flower field, it was now time for everyone to get back in business.

Naruto was standing nervously in front of the hokage, palms sweating alongside the back of his neck. Today was the day, his very first mission that involved him being away from home.

The only places he's familiar with was Konoha and Suna so this would be the first-ish time traveling somewhere unfamiliar. Another thing is that there was a deep responsibility burdening his shoulders, having to retrieve a dangerous scroll from somewhere hidden and not messing up made him dizzy. Even though he'll be with his team, they still have more experience than he does so he can't burden them with his cluelessness.

Taking a quick glance over to them, they all looked pretty confident so he shouldn't be too worried.

Also he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at Tsunade. She still hasn't discussed with him about the truth she was talking about during their earlier meet up but it was probably due to her being the high leader and being busy every day with stacks of work so his hopes weren't too high up.

"Kakashi won't be participating with you all since he's already out on another mission. That is all the final details I have to give you all, dismiss!"

"Hai!"

They all bowed down before exiting out of the door.

"Finally! It's been quite a while since all of us went on a team mission, can't wait to get my hands dirty. Cha!" Sakura excitedly said, punching the air and placing her other hand on her biceps.

"Indeed, it's nice to be with you all like this. Including our new member" Sai responded with his usual smile.

Naruto stayed quiet, his mind swirling in many thoughts and feelings about this mission.

He's already starting off with a B ranked mission? Shouldn't he at least start off with C ranks? That would make more sense since he's not used to this lifestyle yet. Maybe he should stay back so that he wouldn't be in the way.

While he was thinking to himself, he felt someone placing their hand on his shoulder and giving a light squeeze. He looked over to the person and was met with Sasuke's stare.

"You're head is going to grow bigger than it already is if you keep overthinking" Sasuke said and then patted his shoulder, proceeding to walk past him afterwards.

"Awh how sweet, he's worried about me"

. . .

"Did you just say my head is bIG?!"

Naruto run up to catch up to Sasuke and fumed beside him. Raising his arms high up in the air while telling Sasuke that his head was not big at all and that he better watch his stupid little mouth of his.

The absolute nerve of this guy! He's been on his neck for no reason ever since they officially met and it irks Naruto whenever he has something to say about him. Every remark he receives was like getting strike with an arrow in his head!

What he didn't know was that Sasuke was doing it to help ease his tension and shift his focus to something else. He's a pretty observant guy, he knows when something is wrong so he usually try his best to help out without being noticed.

He knew that Naruto would overthink about himself and his situation so he opted to tease him a bit whenever he could to help get rid of his worries. It seems to be a daily for them two though, like cat and mice but Sasuke was okay with that.