team

"Soooo Shikamaru... what's up with you and Naruto~? How'd you guys meet?"

The time has come for the bombing questions, he was hoping that they wouldn't ask him anything about this whole situation and leave him be.

Shikamaru only sighed out tiredly.

"I met him one day at a field full of flowers. I like him and he likes me, that's all I'm saying so stop bothering me" he responded, slumping his back while continuing to walk with the group.

Ino and Sakura squealed at Shikamaru's response and clapped each other's hands.

"Our Shikamaru is finally falling for someone *sniff* he's growing up so fast" Ino cried out dramatically, leaning her head on Sakura's shoulder.

Sakura added on by pulling out her handkerchief and brought it up to the corner of her right eye, "I never thought this day would come, I honestly thought he was going to grow old and become a deer man"

"Naruto seems like a nice person" Hinata said while giggling at her two friends.

The group of teens were on their way to the Hokage's tower. They've been summoned to be inside her office to discuss a new mission and apparently, it's going to be one of the most important mission they've ever done.

"Speaking of Naruto, where is he?"

"He was called to visit Hokage-sama earlier so he's most likely still there" Shikamaru answered. He was also curious on what's going on.

"It's most likely going to be a meeting related to him then"

"Well let's see what's the deal now"

*Knock knock*

"Come in"

A guard opened the door for them and the group walked inside and were greeted by the blond boy waiting for them with a nervous smile.

He gave Shikamaru a small wave and began messing around with the bottom of his shirt. Shikamaru smiled softly at him while returning the wave. Kiba poked out his tongue at Shikamaru and gave him a knowing stare, raising his eyebrows up and down. Shikamaru looked away with an annoyed frown, feeling his cheeks growing a little hot.

"Cut it out will you"

The group then stood right into position with their assigned teammates, waiting for their instructions to be given.

"Naruto and I have discussed the next best course of action to take now that the Akatsuki is targeting Konoha. I'm assigning all of you guys to be Naruto's guards until we figure out a way to get rid of them so make sure nothing happens to him" Tsunade explained to her trusted Shinobis.

"Wait so how will this work? Do we switch turns? What about our other missions, are we going to be on hold?"

"And that's why I've also decided to make him part of your team, more specifically, one of your team. However, if he is with anyone of you all, then it is still your job to ensure his safety. So from now on he is an official shinobi" Tsunade then pointed at Naruto.

On Naruto's right arm, was a leaf headband tied around his upper arm. Noticing all of the stares on him, he felt a little bit overwhelmed with the amount of attention he's receiving. He laughed awkwardly before hanging his head down to avoid the stares.

"Oooooo look, he's doing it on the opposite arm from Shikamaru's! Well isn't that just cute~"

"But doesn't every person who wears that uniform have it on their left arm?"

"No? Kakashi-sensei and Gemna-sensei have it on different parts of their body. Way to ruin the mood though"

"Ahem"