06 𝐿𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠

"Making out with a Slytherin?"

1.7k words

It was Sunday night, Margo sat at one of the many tables littered around the common room. It was much quieter compared to the night before. Margo expected there to be an uproar within the common room after the events that transpired at dinner.

Professor Umbridge and Professor mcgonagoll had a bit of a cat fight you see. Margo found it kind of entertaining. Mcgonagoll putting Umbridge in her place was amusing, but the part where Umbridge blabbered on about cornelius fudge. Not so amusing.

Then again it was somewhere around 12 o'clock at night, way past curfew. So she expected everyone was in their dorms. Talking about the fight.

Margo knuckled down on her schoolwork. Since she had lost a useful Saturday to helping Ron learn first year potions. Margo missed a lot of precious revising time. So she was catching up now. Expecting to be there maybe the entire night.

Margo was okay with that though, she loved it when the common room was completely empty. There was something about it, maybe the crackling of the fire or the smell of Weasleys Wizard Snack Box remains in the air. Whatever it was it made Margo feel on top of the world, as light as air.

As Margo pulled out her herbology book ready to take notes on Chinese Chomping Cabbage she was suddenly interrupted by the sound of the portrait opening. So not everyone was asleep yet.

Margo looked up to see who had entered only to be met with the rushing figure of Ron Weasley. Who seemed to be skidding through the room, practically running to his dorm.

"Weasley?" Questioned Margo, Ron stopped dead in his tracks, cursing himself. He really was not supposed to be seen. The boy slowly turned around to face her. Shame written across his tightly knit face. Margo found it quite amusing in all honesty.

After the tutor session the mood between hadn't really changed. Saturday night dinner felix had approached Margo asking her if dad had sent her a letter recently. Margo and him had a light conversation before he walked back to the Slytherin table, coincidentally Blaise had taken it upon himself to stare at her all dinner, sending her small smiles.

After her communication with the Slytherin house Ron had made a few jabs, telling her she should go slither of with them. Which Margo found strange after her had just complimented her three hours earlier. But this was Ron Weasley, not even he knew what was going on in his head. It was hopeless for anyone else to try.

"What are you doing up so late?" Continued Margo, furrowing her eyebrows at how ashamed Ron seemed, what had he been doing? Making out with a Slytherin girl or something?

"I could say the same for you." Shot back Ron, why was he being so defensive? It was just a question.

"I asked first." Stated the brunette, crossing her arms over one another and leaning back to get a full view of the red-head. That's when she noticed.

He had a broom in his hand, a nice broom at that. When Ron didnt reply, still shooting daggers at the old, scratched floor. Margo carried on with her questions.

"Nice broom you got there. When did you get it?"

"The summer" replied Ron, looking down at his broom. God he really hopes he won't get found out right now, that would be more than embarrassing. "I got it for becoming a prefect."

"Oh yeah I forgot you do that." Mumbled Margo, the conversation still entertaining for her, but she was getting slightly annoyed as she remembered this boy had now cut time short on two of her revision sessions.