28 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑃𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑆𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛𝑡ℎ 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦

A/N- THANK YOU FOR 3,000 READS!!! Love you guys fr- H💘

"Let's get this party started!!"

3.1k words

Ron and Margo thought it was best to keep the night on the astronomy tower secret. Leaving the misery and closeness to themselves. It felt almost scandalous.

Margo still needed reassurance now and again, Ron continuously telling her that it is okay she's stayed friends with them, that she hasn't sacrificed her happiness for the well-being of her friends. But she still had her doubts.

It had been a week since then, Friday coming to a close. The bell had just announced the weekend, leaving the buzz of excitement to wash through the halls.

Margo always had mixed feelings about the weekend, mainly because of the twins. It seemed that those two were at their highest prank streak during those very 48 hours.

But overall it was enjoyable, waking up at 12 in the afternoon, or going to sleep at 3 am with no consequence. The world was Margo's oyster for those very two days.

Currently, Margo and Juliette were walking down the busy hallway, chatting happily about upcoming tests and revision schemes. you know fun stuff.

Juliette seemed to be buzzed out of her mind, fumbling over her words or more so talking to herself, saying words like 'no don't bring that up that might spoil it'.

Margo had just learnt to ignore her, now that she had known Juliette for nearly a month she had figured it was best to just block out the girls murmuring realisations.

"My dorm?" Juliette finally asked after a few seconds of intense thinking. Margo looked at her quizzically, they always went to Margo's dorm, why would they just now go to Juliette's?

"Your dorm?" Margo echoed, confused on the girls sudden want to arrive at Ravenclaw instead of Gryfinndor. Juliette, paced slightly, obvious urgency swirling around her demeanour.

"Yes yes my dorm, please?" She continued, clutching Margo's hands tightly, skimming around her to see who was watching or more so who was walking past.

"Uh yeah sure." she smiled, deciding it was best to keep Juliette's manic decisions at bay. The two took a sharp right to make their ways to the Ravenclaw tower.

"Excited for your official birthday tomorrow?"  Juliette inquired, bouncy tone as always. Juliette was always in a bright mood, it was refreshing at times. The mood of Hogwarts had astronomically dampened ever since toad face -Aka, Umbridge- had come along.

"Yeah I guess, it's just, Sixteen is a big number isn't it?" Margo sighed, she had never really liked birthdays. The idea of being one year closer to death, to the inevitable end.

"I mean just wait till your thirty then you'll be saying it's a big bloody number." Juliette chuckled, elbowing her friend playfully.

"I don't mean it in that way, I meant that sixteen is the year people start to expect things from you. They give you way more shit for your actions. You have to make decisions you don't want to make, i don't know really I just feel like the second that clock strikes midnight... my life is going to fall apart." Margo mumbled, looking out of the cobblestone windows at the black lake.