34 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑠 𝐵𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑚

"We're not together, we don't like each other."

2.4K words

It seemed that George and Elsie were much faster than Margo and Ron thought. The pair were putting up a good fight. The four passing through hallway after hallway and corner after corner, it seemed Ron and Margo still couldn't lose them.

George was shouting insults galore, each one more X-rated than the next. Elsie was just having a wail of a time behind them all, laughing to herself fondly.

Margo was following Ron hopelessly, fingers crossed that he had an idea, or else they were 100% royally screwed. She wasnt completely sure of what would happen, but she had a pretty picture of wedgies and midnight pranks so inexplicable, they should be classed as illegal.

"You fucking butt munchers I'll get you!!" George screamed, words echoing loudly across the corridor. Elsie cackled at his words, telling him to 'keep it down!'.

Ron ran in closer to Margo, leaning in to her ear. "On the next left corner, the first door you see, run into it."

Margo just nodded, to in the moment of getting away from the 6'3 mob of anger to care where they were going.

Just as they turned left, a door was already present. Taking a sharp turn to the right, Margo slammed it open, rushing inside, Ron a few centimetres behind. Pushing the door shut tightly, they stayed silent, waiting for the sound of footsteps.

"What the fuck?" They heard Elsie proclaim, panting harshly, the door muffling her words.

"Where'd they go?!" The familiar voice of George Weasley boomed, Elsie didn't respond right away, catching her breath.

"Gone." She breathed. They pressed their ears on the door, trying to gather as many words as possible. George just sighed, an obvious groan falling from his mouth. It sounded as if Elsie was soothing him, telling him it was best to just go back.

Suddenly, the once loud and poignant sounds of footsteps started to retreat.

Margo fell backwards, lying down on the hard tile, she was very tired. It was coming around to 11:00 o'clock, meaning that the Ravenclaw party was in full swing, no one would be walking past for hours.

She looked around, finally taking in the beautiful infrastructure that was the prefects bathroom. The ceilings were meters high, a gorgeous white stone covering the entire wall and ceiling. Stain glass windows were spotted around, an expensive look dazzling in its colour.

"We better stay here for awhile, make sure they get to bed." Ron spoke up, lying down opposite her, so his back was pressed up against the large oak door, while hers was ice cold wrapped up against the marble bath.

The two stayed silent, catching their breaths together, after ten minutes of non-stop running.

Margo began to elicit giggles, obviously trying to hold them in but failing miserably. Ron looked up at her, the sound of her laughs already sending an immediate smile on his face.

"What's got you so chirpy?" He asked, the odd chuckle falling from his own mouth.

"We did it." She sighed happily, slapping her hand against her thigh in accomplishment. "We got two people who were hopelessly in love with one another to express their feelings, don't you feel great?"

Ron reminisced on the night, distant smiles now and again at funny moments of the day. "We did do it. But at what price?"

"Who cares about the price!!" Margo exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "We got those two gooey and disgusting love birds together! So what if they hate us for awhile. At least we can say 'I told you so' at the wedding." Margo smiled like a child being waved candy in front of their face.