16 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐶𝑎𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑝ℎ𝑖𝑐𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝐵𝑎𝑑 𝐷𝑎𝑡𝑒

"He's a nice kid Ron, very loving"

2.1k words

Margo sat waiting for Blaise in the courtyard. Shivers running up and down her spine, she had been waiting for ages. So long so that icicles were beginning to collect around her eyebrows. The cold October Sunday turning her into a human popsicle.

"Margo? Margo what are you doing just standing there, it's freezing." Madame Pomfrey whisked over, brushing the girls shoulders in a worried manor, trying to warm Margo up.

"Hello Madame Pomfrey. I'm fine i promise." Margo smiled sweetly, taking in the loving aroma of Pomfrey. Margo adored Madame Pomfrey, she was certainly her favourite superior. Raising her more then her own father ever did.

"Gosh you'll catch frostbite out here, why in heavens are they allowing hogesmede in this weather." Exclaimed Pomfrey, placing her own mittens around her hands.

"No idea Madame, no idea." Mumbled Margo, looking around for Blaise with an annoyed face, he was meant to be there fifteen minutes ago. The bastard.

"Oh please love you can call me Poppy, we don't need to be formal." Urged Madame Pomfrey, following the girls eyeline, noticing she was looking for someone. Margo looked back at 'Poppy' with a beaming smile on her face. Suddenly feeling warmth grow in her stomach at the kindness of the lady.

"Waiting for somebody?"

Margo snapped out of her happy daydream furrowing her eyebrows at the reminiscence of Blaises failure to show up.

"Yes, the guy called Blaise in slytherin, he was meant to meet me here fifteen minutes ago but he seemed to have other plans or something." Margo spoke angrily, looking down at her shoes, slightly embarrassed to be talking about boys to Poppy.

Poppy laughed in return, shaking her head with a chuckle falling out her mouth. Margo laughed back awkwardly, not really knowing what to say.

"Oh yes I never really liked that boy, always so loud and partly obnoxious when he enters my wing." Poppy's laughs had quietened down now, her face falling as she thought back to all the times Blaise had been rude and unwelcoming to the other people injured within the hospital wing.

"Oh, well how reassuring."

A few seconds passed, silence enveloping them swiftly, but it was not awkward. Margo knew that was something that could never happen when talking to Poppy, it could never be awkward.

"What about that Ron boy?" Poppy questioned nonchalantly, eyeing the brunettes reaction carefully. Margo was taken aback by this question, all of the shouts and curses from last night immediately echoing in her head from the mention of his name. Her breathing tightened as she tried to control herself, not sure if she will cry or scream if she let her emotions rip.

"Uhm- I don't know really- we don't speak. I mean we do since I tutor him but that's... strictly pro-professional." Wanting to slam her head into a wall Margo took a deep breath. Praying to god Poppy didn't notice her obvious uncomfortableness. Poppy did notice, but she could tell it wasn't a topic to be spoken about for the time being.

"Oh well I was just wandering if that boys been getting into any other fights with that brother of yours. He's a nice kid Ron, very loving, but I firmly believe he can let his emotions get in the way at times."