11 𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠

"I said I'll think about it"

2.8k words

Ron was still angry. Even after he had made a fool of himself in Defence Against The Dark Arts. But then again it suddenly wasn't a priority to find out why Margo was mad, he knew it was because of him.

He felt guilt ridden, that was for sure. But it was strange, this was the first time he had ever truly felt bad for something he did to her; other than getting her a detention on the first day. But this time, he had no idea what he had done, it was eating him alive.

But just when he wanted time to slow down, time sped up. Suddenly he only had two minutes until his next tutor lesson with Margo. Rushing down the corridors of hogwarts he bumped into people here and there, at some point shouting 'get out the way!' To some innocent first years.

Turn after turn the castle seemed to have become a maze. The never ending stone walls and the repetitive shouts from teachers to slow down was grinding away at the back of his brain.

Just a few corridors away within the library sat Margo. She had been there ten minutes early calculating the perfect way to teach Ron but also completely ignore him. She still didn't know why his comment from the morning had bothered her so much. Maybe it was the fact that she felt foolish, she thought she had started to feel a friendship arise between the two. But she thought wrong.

Not only that but Rons attitude in Defence Against The Dark Arts was completely uncalled for, he got so angry for absolutely no reason. Unless there was a reason? 'Oh don't be silly Margo of course there was a reason' she thought, her chin rested against her palm. 'But then what was the reason?'

If Margo was any deeper into her thoughts she might not have noticed a certain red-head bursting through the door, panting. Sweat was accumulating under his thick shirt, along with the roots of his fringe were visibly dampened. How far had he ran?

Before Margo could ask any questions, or venture into any insults, Ron exhaled a large breath, then shouted.
"Am I late?!?" He panted, his hands resting on his knees as he bent down.
"Shhhhh." Called Madame pince a few tables away. Her stern eyes glaring at the two. God she really made the library lively didn't she.

"No just on time." Margo had to bite down the small smile that was trying to surface as she looked the boy up and down. It was quite hilarious, had he seriously ran here?

When Ron had finally composed himself he looked up at Margo. All the anger that had been simmering away since Defence Against The Dark Arts seemed to soften as he looked up into her amused eyes. Not that her facial expression would voice her amusement. No her face was as stern as Snapes right now. But he could see the real emotion she had possessed; he could see the emotion under the layers of composure that were wrapped around her hazel eyes. Ron could see her.

"hi" It seemed that all confidence that he had acquired over the last few seconds seemed to disappear as his voice cracked and his palms became even more sweaty. Hold yourself together Weasley.

Margo slipped back into her cold demeanour almost instantly, sitting up straighter and moving to ruffle the papers in front of her. It was getting colder outside, the leaves were frosting and the air had a particularly harsh bite the last few days. Bringing a certain rigid feeling across the library; or maybe it was just Rons presence.

Ron pulled out his chair, it squeaking just like the first time they had a tutor session. Margo watched him secretly as he began to pull out his quill and parchment. His face was still red, from the running she presumed. She watched as his hands delicately buttoned up his bag, the way his veins flexed as the buttons looped around the fabric, or the way he rolled the parchment gently, even the way he dipped his quill into his ink. She couldn't stop staring.