4

Eren walked you away from the pool table, still holding you close to his chest as he weaved in and out of gatherings of people. He brought you to the kitchen, and set you on the counter, his arms caging you in as he leaned forwards. 

"Are you stalking me?", you raised an eyebrow at his proximity. Thankfully, the kitchen was empty.

"Yeah, I'm stalking you at my own party," he scoffed as if the question was ridiculous. 

His party? Was he in the same frat as Connie and Jean? He had to be. That didn't explain the weird looks he'd been giving you all night, though.

You eyed him warily, gave him a look that told him you noticed he'd dodged your question. He cocked his head, green eyes challenged yours. It was hard not to get distracted by the hair that brushed his jaw at the movement. He must of been dancing, or doing other activities, because his bun was all messy and falling out in the back. A grey t-shirt hugged his chest and shoulders as he leaned forwards on his hands, you could've traced his collarbones through the material.

His key necklace was tucked inside his shirt, but you could see the glint of the chain around his neck. There were other things too. His hands and arms were littered in them, various tattoos. There was one on his neck, too, but you couldn't see it, his hair was in the way-

Damn it. You were staring. Again.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," he retorted.

You leaned away from him, not caring for his smug attitude.

Historia had warned you that Eren was a player. You weren't going to give him the satisfaction of flirting with him.

"I wasn't staring," you protested. "I was trying to see the tattoo on your neck."

He raised an eyebrow at this, and his lips turned up in an amused smile. Then he raised his hands to the back of his head, and undid his hair. Sloppily, he gathered his hair back up and tied it into a neater bun, pulling the pieces that had covered his neck away, giving you a better view.

Right under his jaw, two tiny flowers intertwined by the stems.

Eren broke the silence that stemmed from you examining the artwork on his neck, apparently wanting to address why he'd even brought you in here. He leaned down towards you ear, and whispered, "You know it's a risky thing for a girl to dance on a table while wearing a dress like this."

His fingers toyed with the strap of your dress, ghosting over your skin and down your shoulders. His dynamic was bipolar, all night he'd seemed angry with you for some reason. He'd been angry with you earlier. The sudden shift was debilitating. But at the same time, his touch felt like someone had thrown cold water over you.

You reached up to him, and gently slid two fingers along the chain of his necklace. He was so close, he was practically standing between your legs. And although you couldn't see his face, you could almost feel his lips turn up into satisfied smirk.

"Well then, I guess it's a good thing I'm not afraid of a little trouble," you whispered into his ear, lips brushing his skin.

And then you pulled away from him, and jumped off the counter. You left Eren in the kitchen as you rejoined the sea of people.

It didn't take long for you to find Jean, Reiner, Annie, Sasha, Connie, and even Bertolt, sitting in a living area. Some other boy must've taken over door duty for Bertolt.

Sasha's eyes caught yours, and a look of excitement washed over her face. She eagerly waved you over to the group, and patted the ground beside her. You complied and plopped down on the ground between her and Jean.