Epilogue

This was such a roller coaster to write.

And before I start, it was always going to be Eren. Hate me if you want, idc.

This story is full of parallels and connections between the past and the present. I've always wanted to write a story about history repeating itself, because it's something I see happen all the time, whether it be in big or small ways. Someone once told me that those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it. I thinks that's actually a famous quote so I can't credit the person who told me that, but that's not the point. Eren and Jean didn't learn from their mistakes in the past. In the end, even though Jean promised he wouldn't let a girl come between them, that's exactly what happened. And then, two years later, it happened again with y/n. I wrote this story so that there were numerous parallels between the two girls, but in a way they were also very different. Each of them had a different purpose in this story. I wrote both of them so that the two boys would fall in love with them, but ultimately, Mikasa would be the one to tear Eren and Jean apart, while Y/n would be the one to bring them back together. You can choose to view y/n as strictly a love interest for the two boys, but I view her as the final puzzle piece that ends up mending what the three of them broke. Even though she doesn't choose Jean, she brings him back to Eren and Mikasa. In the end, whether you believe it or not, I like to think both boys got their happy endings in this story. Jean truly loved Mikasa all along, even if he wanted to love y/n, and Eren learned to love again after having his heart torn to pieces. And as the cherry on top, the boys took a huge first step in mending what was once thought to be an impenetrable friendship.

And if you're wondering, yes, Jean made it in time. He didn't let her get away again.

This story was my baby for the past year, and even though I didn't update as often as I would've liked to, I still put a lot of thought into these chapters and into creating a storyline. I am so thankful to everyone who encouraged me along the way to keep writing, because when I look back at the earlier chapters, I really wonder where I thought I was going with this. You guys can't imagine the year I've had, but seeing all of you comment and support me made me so happy, so thank you for that.

I have to admit, the first 18 chapters of this book had no plot, and i'll be honest, I really didn't make an outline until I got to chapter 19. Because of that I've noticed my writing style was not as great as it could've been, and I think I will be going back to rewrite those chapters at some point, so if you're interested in rereading the updated versions, stick around.

Lastly, if you enjoyed this story, I'm writing another one. Its already in the works, check my page. I can promise that the beginning will be better written than this story, and Id love for all of you to continue to give me your feedback!

Thanks for reading!