18

"Stop squirming!", the brunette scolded as she attempted to apply a new bandage to Connie's forehead. You, Sasha, Connie, and Historia were sitting out on the quad catching up on some long overdue homework. Or, well, you had been working on homework, but about an hour ago you got bored, so you decided to kick back and watch Sasha struggle to change Connie's bandage from his nasty fall in the pool about a week ago.

"But you keep elbowing me in the face! And plus the cheeto dust on your fingers kinda burns!"

At this point, Sasha had basically tackled the boy to the ground, and was trying to hold his body still with her legs.

Sasha ignored Connie's pleas, and continued to work on applying the bandage to his healing stitches. "I thought I told you to put a new bandage on this, this morning, you idiot. Do you seriously want this to get infected?"

"It's gonna get infected anyways, cheeto fingers", the boy mumbled under his breath, refusing to meet the brunettes eyes as she still loomed above him.

Turning away from the bickering pair, your eyes found Historia who was sitting a few feet away on the edge of the blanket. You hadn't hung out with her much recently, so when she had invited you to study with her today you had jumped at the opportunity. Of course you loved Sasha and Connie, and Jean too, but Historia was like a nice, calm breath of fresh air. Being around her made you feel grounded, like no matter how hectic your life was, there was always someone there to just relax with.

The blonde girl was typing away at her computer, and she looked over at an open textbook every couple of minutes, causing her golden blonde hair to swish back and forth in the sunlight. Her tongue was peeking out of the corner of her mouth, a clear sign that she was deep in though as she studied.

You could see why a girl like Ymir liked Historia so much. A rebel like Ymir needed a perfect angel like Historia to balance her out.

With a content sigh, you laid down in the grass, bringing your hands to rest behind your head. The sunlight danced across your cheeks, warming your face, as you relaxed in the company of your friends, Sasha and Connie's bickering lulling you into a light sleep.

You weren't sure how long you laid there, but at some point, you heard footsteps approach your group. You didn't bother opening your eyes, because to be fair, you were feeling particularly tired. But, your interest was peaked when the grass beside you rustled, and Historia spoke up.

"Oh hi! I'm glad you could make it! Did you by chance bring a portable charger? My laptop is about to die."

"Yea, you can borrow mine. I also brought snacks. Figured y'all might be hungry considering you guys have been out here almost all afternoon."

Jean?

What was he doing here? Not that you were complaining, but Jean had told you all that he couldn't hang out today. Connie had also mentioned that he didn't come home yesterday, and even though the bald bitch had told you not to worry, you still did.

You opened your eyes, and rubbed them a few times, blinking away your tiredness before you pushed yourself into a sitting position.

Jean was sitting right next to you, arms draped over his knees, already looking over his shoulder with a lazy smile on his face when he noticed you were awake. His hair was messy and unkept, accompanied by dark circles under his eyes. The guy looked like he hadn't sleep the night before, but nevertheless, he still wore his signature radiant smile. "Hey", he said in a tired voice, not bothering to lift his chin from where in rested on his arm.