31

A/n: Song Recommendation - The Night We Met by Lord Huron

*Its not necessary to listen to it, but I did listen to this song while I wrote this chapter.

——————————

Your footsteps sounding against the ground provided little distraction as you walked.

It had only been a day, almost 24 hours now as the sun was beginning to set, since he had told you off.

You couldn't get the image of his face out of your head. Those eyes. Those angry, yet so sad, green eyes.

Most of all, you wanted to know why. Why he had lied to you about his feelings. That much was clear.

Just when you had begun to chip away at his walls, Eren had thrown them back up.

You were angry with him, but you also understood the boy for reasons you couldn't explain. After all, as you had already discovered, Eren spent most of his life living a lie. He threw parties, fucked countless girls, drank until he couldn't remember his name, but what he would rather be doing is surfing, drawing tattoos, and sketching in his notebook.

Where did the boy from the bridge go?

Nevertheless, Eren had made it clear last night that he didn't wish to see you anymore.

He had hurt you. Lied to you.

If he didn't want you, then you wouldn't chase him.

If anything, your visit with Eren last night had achieved its purpose. In fact, Eren had taken care of the hardest part for you.

He had erased himself from the picture.

You took a deep breath as you continued walking down the sidewalk, kicking a small rock with your shoe. You watched it skip down the path in front of you.

Then, you shoved any feelings you had for Eren into the back of your mind.

Rounding a corner, the empty playground came into view.

Your lips turned upwards at the corners as memories played through your mind of Jean holding you on the play set, as the two of you watched the sunrise.

"You nervous or something, Kirstein?"

"Can you blame me? It's not everyday that I get to watch the sunrise with a beautiful girl in my arms."

"Oh, shut up."

"Oh admit it, you like me."

"You wish."

Your palms grew sweaty and jittery as you approached the the swing set.

Sitting down on the swing, you were able to bask in the serenity of the setting sun, golden light fluttering around your cheekbones, caressing your profile.

He would be here soon.

You'd texted the boy to meet you here, at the same park where you had watched the sunrise with him.

You'd seemingly made up your mind last night as you tossed and turned in bed, Eren's words echoing in your mind.

Exhaling a deep breath, your attention was brought to the sound of footsteps at the other end of the park.

Turning your cheek, you found a familiar head of ash blonde hair rounding the corner towards you.

Jean's eyes had widened the moment you had texted him, telling him to meet you at the park. The boy's mind had immediately jumped to the conclusion that his confession had landed him in trouble, seeing as you hadn't spoken to him in over three days. Nevertheless, he had jumped up to throw on a hoodie and a pair of shoes, and raced out the door.