26

"Am I being kidnapped?"

"Yes."

"Wow. No hesitation with that one, huh."

Eren had met you outside of your dorm. How he knew where you lived, you weren't sure.

You walked side by side with him, winding your way through campus. You weren't sure where he was leading you, or if he even knew himself. Nevertheless, you followed the boy.

"Nope. I'm actually taking you to the woods to kill you right now", the boy deadpanned, side-eyeing you. His hoodie string was in his mouth again.

"Perfect", you sighed, stretching your arms above your head. "I love ending my evenings on a high note."

Eren chuckled under his breath.

"It's morning, dumbass."

"Wow. And to think we were getting along so well!" You raised your eyebrows at the boy, adding a nice touch to your sarcastic tone.

Eren stopped dead in his tracks, and brought a hand to his forehead with a big sigh. "Oh, how could I forget? You prefer it when I call you a good girl, don't you?" He said the last part with a smirk, leaning in closer to your face just to tease you.

You were ready for it, though.

"That's big talk for the guy who just happened to have my number, and know where my dorm is." You didn't back down, making a point of getting right back in his face. He was still chewing on that damn string.

Eren just smiled at your defiance, eyes flickering to your lips for a split second to gaze upon your own grin, before they returned to meet your stare.

And then, he backed down, and continued walking, chest held high.

"Got it from Armin. What does it matter?"

He asked for my number?

"It doesn't", you shrugged your shoulders. "I'm just gathering evidence for why I think you're a serial killer."

This got a smile from the boy. One of those full fledged ones that showed his teeth.

"Oh yeah? Let's hear what you've got so far", he challenged.

Holding up your hand, you began to tick off your fingers one by one. "First, you're kidnapping me in the middle of the night."

"Eh- you're the one that met me outside!"

"Second, you asked for my number from Armin, like a creepy stalker."

Eren was walking backwards now, so that he could still see your face as he continued down the deserted path.

"Well I asked you for it twice, but I guess you're just a stubborn bitch!" His tone was light, clear that he found humor in this exchange.

"Yes! Hello, that's me! And third.. did I already mention that you are leading me to an unknown location. Sounds very serial killer like if you ask me.."

The boy couldn't help but smile at you and just shake his head.

This was what he needed.

A distraction.

Why hadn't he noticed it before? How you were actually fun to talk to. How you were so much more than a pretty face.

God, if he could take it back he would.

If he could go back to that night. The night of the beach party...

He would have never gotten into that water with you. He would have just sat on the sand, and talked with you for hours. He would have had you make him smile so many times that his cheeks started to hurt.