19

You turned to Historia and Sasha, looking to your two friends for answers about the situation that just occured.

The two girls were watching as Connie chased after Jean, shocked looks plastered on their faces. Based on their facial expressions, it looked as if they had just remebered something important, and they were distraught about whatever it was.

Finally, you decided to break the akward silence, because you wanted answers.

"Will one of you please tell me what the hell is going on?"

The blonde girl turned her attention to you, a look of sympathy crossing her features. "I-its-y/n", the girl sighed before continuing, " It's complicated, okay? I don't really know how to explain it to you without invading Jean's privacy."

What?

Since when has privacy ever been a concern? I get that its important and all, but Historia has always filled me in on important details. I don't want to intrude in Jean's personal life, I just want to make sure that he is okay. Historia understands that, right?

Before you get the chance to speak again, however, Sasha interjects, "Yea, don't worry about it y/n. Jean is going to be alright. He's a big boy after all, he can tie his own shoe laces and everything . Im pretty sure I even saw him take out the trash last week. Im sure he'll tell you when he's ready. Don't stress about it." Sasha had apparently shaken off her worried mood, and returned to her lighthearted state of mind.

Maybe they were right. Afterall, Jean had already told you today that he wasn't in the mood to talk. Maybe you should just give him a couple days, and then see how he is feeling. Although, it still bugged you that Sasha and Historia, as well as Connie knew why Jean was upset, yet they won't tell you. Well, technically only Historia and Sasha won't tell you, but maybe you can force baldie to spit it out.

"Yea, I guess you're right. It's just so weird, I mean, Connie said that he didn't even come home last night, and then Jean says he got into an argument with someone yesterday? What kind of argument would stop someone from coming home?" You dropped your head so that it was resting in the palms of your hands.

Both of your friends looked at you confused, but Historia was the first to speak.

"Wait, Jean said he got in an argument yesterday? With who?". Appearntly Historia really hadn't been eavesdropping earlier. The blonde drew her legs up to her chest and hugged her knees as she scooted closer, as if the conversation became more intriguing. Sasha also paused, a cheeto halfway to her mouth, in order to look over at you, also awaiting the answer to that question.

"He didn't say. I tried to ask him about it but he refused to answer me. He just kept telling me that he was fine."

Sasha finally popped the cheeto into her mouth, and chewed slowly, the only sound that could be heard over the silence was the slow crunching as she looked back and forth between her two friends.

"Its gonna be fine though, right? I mean Connie went to go check on him, and those two are like brothers", Sasha said.

Historia put on a smile, one that you couldn't tell whether or not was fake. "Yea, Jean's gonna be fine. He just needs to cool off. I'm sure he and Connie are gonna go get shitfaced tonight, and he won't even remeber that he was upset in the morning". Historia started to stand up and gather her laptop and books. "Come on, we should probably head back and figure out what we are gonna eat for dinner. Its getting late".

The three of you packed up your belongings, granted it didn't take you very long considering you hadn't really been doing that much school work to begin with.