23

The soft buzz of a phone ringing lulled you out of your sleep.

Opening your eyes, you were met with nothing but darkness, the only light coming from your ringing phone on the nightstand beside your small bed.

You grabbed the device and glared at it lazily, reading the name of your next murder victim who had decided to interrupt your slumber.

Careful not to wake your roommates, you answered the phone, holding it to your ear as you rolled over in the bed.

"Connie do you know what time it is?!", you hissed through your teeth.

"Hmm...just a second", he replied. A loud rustling could be heard before the boy spoke again. "It's 3:47 a.m!"

"I will slit your throat."

"No, I'm delightful."

"I'm hanging up."

"No! I have a very important question to ask you! Jean doesn't know the answer, and Reiner is unconscious in the bathtub."

"Why didn't you call Sasha?"

"Sasha doesn't wake up for shit!"

You groaned at this, and rolled over to look at Sasha who was asleep in her bunk. Connie had a point. Trying to wake Sasha up was like trying to get a rock to move. You would have better luck receiving a letter from Hogwarts.

"Oh my god. Ok, what it it?"

"Ok, so if a tow truck parks in a no parking zone, who do you call? Do you call another tow truck? Or would that be like an enemies to lovers trope? OH, and what happens if the tow truck breaks down- "

"Connie what the actual fuck. It's too early for this."

"Noo please just answer. I won't be able to focus in class tomorrow if you don't answer!"

"Ughh, I don't know, probably the enemies to lovers thing."

You heard someone talking in the background next to Connie, and then it sounded as if the phone was ripped out of his hands.

"Who is this?", a familiar voice asked.

Before you got the chance to answer, more mumbling happened on the other line.

"Ohh, y/n! Hii y/n! It's Armin!"

"Hi Armin. What's going on?"

"Boys night. Me and Bertolt are about to convince Jean to do a backflip off the roof. You should come watch!"

Armin's words were slurred together, and he talked in an overly enthusiastic tone, a clear sign that they were all drinking.

"You know, that sounds like a lot of fun Armin, but I think I'm gonna pass."

"Aww you're no fun", the boy whined. "But I'll see you tonight, right?"

"Hmm? What's tonight?", you asked through a yawn.

"That dinner with Mikasa. You know, our friend from high school. Historia invited you to that right? She told me she did."

"Oh yea, no, I'm going. I just forgot that it was so soon. I-"

"AYO MARCO! Put that down! That shits expensive!", Armin yelled suddenly, causing you to flinch. "Sorry y/n, I gotta go. See you tonight though."

Before you could respond, Armin hung up.

With a sigh, you set your phone back on your nightstand, and rolled over, allowing yourself to fall back asleep.