daddy said, "stay away from juliet"

The Roberts and the Bowens are sworn enemies. What happens when their two teenage children fall in love?
Nini and Ricky are both 18 in this one.
Gina is Nini's cousin.
WARNING: Long and a little bit mature.

         Nina Roberts. Goes by Nini. A good girl, perfect grades, gorgeous looks. She is rich but doesn't take her life for granted, and an overall hit with the boys at her high school. EJ Caswell has a crush on her.

          Richard Bowen. Goes by Ricky. A bad boy with a secret soft side that he rarely ever shows. Though a lot of girls have tried to ask him out, he's still looking for 'The One.' Has a crush on Gina Porter, even if he won't admit it.

That day, Nini happened to be texting on her phone about tonight's costume party at the Roberts' house. "What are you going to wear?" Her best friend Kourtney asked. "Maybe this," Nini said, pulling up a picture of a ball gown. It had shimmering tulle and a satin top. "It looks great!" Kourt squealed. "Who's coming?"

        "Well, all of you guys? Plus some of my parents' friends from business and stuff."

          Kourtney's voice dropped. "Do you think the Bowen boy will be there?"

          Nini knew that the Bowens were her family's biggest rivals, except she'd never met them. Everyone in Salt Lake City knew that. "They weren't invited, so that would be called crashing a party."

        Kourtney shook her head. "Those guys are sneaky. Just be careful."

THAT NIGHT AT THE PARTY...

        Ricky had somehow snuck into the Roberts' costume party in his disguise: a knight in shining armor. He found out that Gina was there, so he decided to sneak in. He was heartbroken to see that she was with another guy, so he let his eyes wander around and they landed on a girl with wavy brown hair and slight highlights. Even through her mask, his breath was taken away. "Never before have I seen true beauty until now."

(A/N: A little classic Shakespeare nostalgia!)

        She was talking and laughing with another girl, and Ricky decided to make a move. When the slow dance music started, he maneuvered through the large crowd and came up to her. "Would you like to dance?" he asked softly. She looked surprised but nodded. They swayed to the music, and Ricky liked how smoothly they flowed. When she removed her mask in the end, Ricky was sure his heart stopped.

        "What's your name?" he asked. He was sure he wanted to see her again.

        "I'm-" she was interrupted by Gina calling her over. "I'm sorry, I have to go. I'll see you soon."

        Ricky just stared after her, mesmerized. His friend Red walked over to him. "You know that's Nini Roberts, right? Your family's sworn enemy?"

         "My heart is bursting into song and my head is in the clouds," Ricky said dreamily. "I'm in love."

        "Oh god, your parents are not going to be happy," Red said.

        Meanwhile, Nini was getting the same news from her cousin Gina.
       "That's the Bowen boy! The Roberts and the Bowens have been enemies forever."

       "I think I'm in love," Nini muttered. Her hands were propped up on her chin, gazing at the curly-haired boy in the shining armor.

       "Let's hope that your parents don't find out," Gina said and patted Nini's shoulder.

       Ricky went to Red's house that night, sighing. "She's beautiful. I wonder if she'll go out with me."

       "Dude, you just met her. Have you forgotten that the Roberts and the Bowens are enemies? Your parents will kill you if they find out," Red said.