wherever you stray, i follow

Plot: At her SOUR Prom, Josh unexpectedly shows up to surprise Liv...

Photo credits go to HSMTMTSHQ on Insta, and hsmtmtsfan22 on their story!!
Jolivia Fluff Since V had a Terrible Week and is Brain Dead (she still hasn't gone soft)

—————

"Well good for you, I guess you moved on really easily," Liv sang before dropping the microphone and turning away from the camera. They'd finally finished filming the prom, and her friends had made the effort to dress up and come...everyone except the one face she truly hoped would show.

"That's a wrap!" the director shouted. "Amazing job! Afterparty in ten, bring your dates!"

Liv couldn't help but turn around and check her phone for the tenth time that night. He still hasn't called. Josh was in some part of New York, promoting "Feel Something," and she knew his work was a priority. She knew his career was important, yet she couldn't help longing...hoping, that he'd come and pull a Troy Bolton.

"C'mon, Rodrigo!" Conan called. "You don't want Iris to start singing all of her drunk Waitress hits again, do you?"

—————

The brunette smiled as she looked at everyone having the time of their lives, drunkenly dancing to "good 4 u." She knew she should've been out on the floor with them, but Liv was exhausted from too many fast dances or whatever the hell the opposite of slow dancing was.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of familiar strong arms wrap around her waist and a soft pair of lips against her temple. "Am I too late?"

Liv beamed and leaned into the embrace, though she was pleasantly surprised. "I thought you were still supposed to be in New York!"

"Well, it took two train tickets and a plane to finally get a flight back to Cali," he said, "but it's all worth it. For you."

Liv shook her head and chuckled. "Don't you ever stop flirting?"

"I'm like my father; we simply cannot. Our charm is...irresistible, I think he put it."

"Well, you certainly are charming, Monsieur Bassett...but there's one thing you haven't said."

"You look beautiful tonight," he guessed.

"Well, thank you for the compliment, but it's not that."

"And those performances...wow. I literally and figuratively cannot come up with any more words to describe it because I am awestruck."

"Try again," she laughed.

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"You know damn well I am."

"Fine," Josh stroked his chin, pretending to look deep in thought. "Can I have this dance, Miss?"

"You're aware everyone is either drunk or passed out in here...it's not a very romantic setting."

The curly-haired man whirled around to find Conan slurring the lyrics of Enchanted or some other Taylor Swift composition, while Iris and most of the other crew and cast members were on the floor. "Well...there's something called 'dancing under the stars.' Apparently, they did it in the olden days before there were any newfangled inventions, and there would be a song. Just a wordless, romantic melody that will play in your head that will whisk you away to a dreamland with your partner."

"Wow, you're quite the poet, how come I never noticed?" Liv questioned.

"I have very many hidden talents, Miss, but you have yet to discover all of them. Shall we?"

He held out his arm for her, and Liv chuckled, feeling like she was just a normal girl again for the first time in Lord knows how long. With Josh, she could be herself. Not Nini, not a popstar, just... Olivia.

She took his arm and followed him to the garden, which, like he said, was illuminated by the vast night sky.

"Now I finally get it. This is why they call it the City of Stars."

"Magical, isn't it?"

"It's more than that. It's...brilliant, fantastic...perfect."

"I still believe that you owe me a dance, Rodrigo."

"Oh, we're back to last names now?"

"Whatever. Just shut up and dance with me....in the best way possible."

Somewhere from inside, the DJ was probably awake and had put on "willow," astonishingly a soft song instead of the angry "Forever and Always" that had been blasting earlier.
"Is this the dream senior prom you've always wanted?" Josh asked when they were dancing.
She stopped for a moment to get on her tiptoes and kiss him. "Even better, I have you to spend it with."

—————

I am not okay. The only things I am capable of writing these days are terribly fluffy banters between heterosexual couples. Be grateful I didn't put another one of my "twists..." My mother read my fanfics, and she said that I'm "mentally deranged." I'd have to agree.

Keep reading

Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep dreaming.

-V

P.P.S. HAS ANYONE HERE WATCHES BRIDGERTON?!! THE ONLY PERSON I CAN DISCUSS IT TO CURRENTLY LIVES AN OCEAN AWAY AND SLEEPS FOR MOST OF LA DAY...