eternal love bullshit

All I wanted was to hold on tightly...and never let go of the embrace.

But we were never meant to be. We weren't Jack and Rose, we weren't Allie and Noah, we weren't Cory and Topanga, we weren't any of those perfect Disney couples. True love's kiss, eternal love, one and only, those words made no sense to me anymore. They were all just bullshit, the type of stuff the movie directors made to gain money.

I always believed in us. We were more than just some past yearbook memory, more than that and what everyone around us said.

"First love doesn't last."

Ever since the day we met in kindergarten, we had our own world, a million dreams were all it was going to take. A world where there was only us. What came before didn't count anymore or matter, just us.

We were never "just friends," always, always, something a little more. Cheesy smiles, pinkie promises...

We promised that we'd never walk away. We'd never close the door. We would be each other's first and last, our forever.

Just friends.

Those words hurt more than any bullet, any knife, any spear stabbed into my heart. A real bullet wound would hurt less than this. The feeling that the one thing you could always count on in life, the one person that could keep you grounded and stable, the one you could always come home to...was drifting away.

*****

Two-hundred-and-seventy-word angst to make your day better because I haven't updated in forever. Expect a collaboration with someone...very soon.

Keep reading. Keep writing. Keep dreaming.

-V