dancing with the stars

Plot: Nini is a musician who has wild dreams of romance. Her life is completely shaken up when a mysterious curly-haired stranger waltzes in with his killer dance moves.

"Tonight, Nini Salazar-Roberts will be performing an original song she wrote, called L-O-V-E, which spells love, for those of you who don't know how to spell! Come on up, Nini!"

Everyone cheered as Nini went onstage of the small cafe. "Hey, everyone."

She began to strum the strings of her guitar.

"I honestly don't know why
I should ever leave your side
Cause this is love, right?"

Everyone applauded as Nini bowed. "Thank you, thank you. I'll be back next week with some more."

That night, she went back home and began to mess around with her keyboard. She would get more inspiration for love songs if she ever really found love. These were just based on all of those movies she watched and all of those romance novels she read.

Nini heard a knock at her door. Who could be at the door at 11:00 PM?

She opened it and found a guy. He looked very much like Ryan Evans, possibly with the outfit. An over-the-top hat sat atop his curls and he was wearing a sequined vest and dress shoes.

"Um, can I help you?" she asked.

The man turned his head so she could see his face, and Nini had to admit he was quite cute. "I need to find someone for my dance partner on Dancing with the Stars. Do you watch it?"

Nini nodded. "It comes on my cable every night. I sometimes watch it."

"Great. Do you have any dancing experience?"

Nini shook her head. "No, I'm more of a musician. I don't dance."

"I say you can," the man replied, waltzing into her living room. He removed his hat and left it on the coat stand.

"Excuse me; who are you, anyway?" Nini asked.

"I'm Richard Bowen. A dancer, but not in the hip-hop kind. I'm more of a ballet or ballroom type of guy. Pleasure to make your acquaintance. And you are?"

"Nini Salazar Roberts," she said, shaking his hand.

"Fabulous. Your training starts tomorrow. The competition is next month. I'll see myself out now."

Nini went to bed, very confused.

The next morning, at 8 AM sharp, Ricky knocked on the door. He opened it and saw that Nini wasn't there, so he decided to go to her room.

"Wake up, sleepyhead! If you want to start dancing, you've gotta be punctual."

Nini groaned groggily. "What?"

"Come on, get up!" Ricky yelled.

Nini groaned and pulled the covers over her head.

In Salt Lake City, Ricky Bowen was an actor, and a very punctual one. He always stuck to his schedule and never took it lightly when people were late.

Ricky tossed off the sheets. "Seriously, get up!"

Nini moaned like a five-year-old. "I don't wanna!"

Ricky had to haul her out of bed. He dropped her off in the bathroom.

"Get dressed, get ready, then we're starting our training."