it's all ancient history now

It's funny when you find yourself
Looking from the outside

Olivia scrolled through her social media, looking at Josh's Instagram. Almost all of the pictures with her were deleted, and instead replaced by the new ones with Sabrina Carpenter. There was one of them dressing up as Lavagirl and Sharkboy, another photo of them in a car, and more of them grabbing lunch.

I'm standing here but all I want
Is to be over there

Over the course of the pandemic, they'd lost contact. All Olivia wanted was to be in Josh's arms again. Yet that dream had died, now that he had a new girlfriend. Besides, he was never hers to begin with anyway.

Why did I let myself believe
That miracles can happen
Cause now I have to pretend
That I don't really care

She thought he was 'The One.' She believed that they were like Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens, meant to be together.

Every time she walked past him on set, she looked the other direction. In truth, her heart ached for him. Pretending she didn't care hurt more than she thought it would.

She stayed as far as possible away from him in group photos, even though she was sure it was beginning to raise suspicions from the fans.

I thought you were my fairytale
A dream when I'm not sleeping
A wish upon a star
That's coming true

Ever since she was a kid, she'd dreamed. She'd dreamed of becoming a fairytale princess and having a handsome prince to whisk her away to a castle on the clouds.

She'd wished on everything. Dandelions, shooting stars, wishing wells, anything at all.

Then, she met him.

He was perfect. She thought that dreams weren't just meant for sleeping and they were meant to be. Maybe all those wishes upon a star did come true, for once, unlike the pony she asked for when she was four.

But everybody else could tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth.
Because I liked the view
When there was me and you.

The truth was painful. Of course the three year age gap was too large. Josh treated her like a little sister, not a love interest. Her feelings got in the way. She liked it when they were together, and anyone at all could tell that she loved him, but he didn't love her back.

I swore I knew the melody
That I heard you singing
And when you smiled it made me feel
Like I could sing along

They were both songwriters, so it made sense they communicated through songwriting. She was sure he was singing a song for her, maybe even about her, perhaps. His smile lit up her world, like the time they worked together on Just For A Moment. It made her feel like she could fly and sing along.

But then you went and changed the words
And now my heart is empty
I'm only left with used-to-be's
And once upon a song

Now, she knew. Dreaming was useless, and she should just grow up already. Her heart was empty and broken. All the memories they had together left a big, empty hole in her heart that couldn't be mended.

Songs they sang together, songs they wrote together. That was history, no longer in the present. Once upon a time.

Now I know you're not a fairytale
And dreams were meant for sleeping
And wishes on a star
Don't come true

Now, she'd grown up. Dreaming and wishing were useless, as they never came true. It was the painful truth of reality.

Cause now even I can tell
That I confused my feelings with the truth
Because I liked the view
When there was me and you

She even knew that she was wrong. This was reality, not a fairytale. It was only because she liked the view when they were together. His strong arms hugging her, the feel of his curly hair tickling her cheek, or his lips on hers.

I can't believe that I could be so blind
It's like you were floating while I was falling
And I didn't mind

Her eyes were opened. She gave up on all of those fruitless dreams of true love. He was currently writing a bunch of songs, while she was sobbing in a pile on her bed.

She hoped, maybe, perhaps, even the slightest chance, that he loved her back. She thought they felt a connection between them, possibly.

Cause I liked the view
I thought you felt it too
When there was me and you.

P.S. Maryellen's new outfit! How does she look?

 Maryellen's new outfit! How does she look?