so i'm leaving out the side door

In which... Nini Salazar Roberts and Richard Bowen are star-crossed because V is devoid of ideas and found this in their gallery

OR

Five times he stayed, and the one time he left. tw: a toxic relationship, likely 1 step forward and 3 steps back. Ricky is 21 and Nini is 19---I don't know; refer to the ATWTMVTV for this. this is one of the FEW good chapters i have because...cw: cursing and lemons

This is supposed to be a rom-com, and they all get married and live happily ever after in the end because it's plot armor! yeah...no. enjoy!! This makes no sense!! But read for entertainment!!

-

the first time

WHEN YOU ARE YOUNG, they assume you know nothing.

Sequined smiles and sensual politics were a daily part of her life, painted faces and public appearances. It was a tiring style of life; cheeks growing red from forced laughter and fake smiles. In her world, nothing lasts forever. That was how it was; being the First Daughter. She should've known to accept this by now; yet every friend she ever made, every boy she ever caught the eye of...they were always short-lived events, nothing she could truly call hers for once. Sure, her mothers were the highest-regarded people in the country, she had an entire fucking White House that was like a fucking mansion, and a revenue of a million every year...to some, she was considered the luckiest teenager in the world.

This was how this entire arrangement began, her repetitive lifestyle suddenly changing that June morning; the best and worst day of her life.

After a fight with her mothers about arranged marriages in the 21st century, Nini had gone to the rose gardens for some clarity, to get ahold of the entire situation. For fuck's sake, she didn't even know the fucking guy; he was some rich American equivalent of a duke or a marquess in Old World talk. His mother was in the Senate, that was all Nini knew, and he was EJ fucking Caswell, one of the richest teenagers in the United States (only second to herself). The one good thing out of it was she could still come around and date others until the wedding day, with her mothers' permission and an invitation to dinner, of course.

"Looking so glum there, Princess," a voice called, snapping her out of her thoughts. "What's the matter?"

"Fuck my life," she replied, looking around to find the source. She was met with a pair of hazel eyes and curly hair, accompanied by a giant shovel.

"What do you have to be angry about," he answered. "We're out here—summers off from college, planting some rose gardens in hundred-degree heat, and you get the AC. We are not the same."

"Well, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," Nini muttered.

"Yeah, well...some of us have a lot more to contend with than just an arranged marriage to a rich dude that could provide for your life anything you want," Ricky replied.

"You're right, I'm sorry." The realization finally dawned on Nini; some of the people out here stayed in the White House. They tirelessly hauled away in the gardens to provide for their families—and here she was, complaining about become Mrs. EJ Caswell.

Hey, what's your name?" she asked.

The boy put down his shovel. "Richard Bowen, but everyone calls me Ricky."