vi | beauty and the beast pt. ii

"the great dragon has a name and you've known it this whole time?"

[2.6 — Beauty and the Beast pt. 2]

"Do you think

"Do you think... ya know?"

"Merlin!"

"Oh, don't tell me you're not the least bit curious about the honeymoon."

Lia broke into a fit of giggles over her breakfast. Gaius gave them a disapproving look as they joked about the King's marital situation. Yes, Merlin and Lia knew that it was a horrible thing and that the kingdom was in danger, but they couldn't just ignore the jokes.

Camelot had a Troll for a Queen.

"Alright you two," Gaius said, rolling his eyes as they continued to laugh like children. "That's far too inappropriate of a subject to discuss. Merlin, runoff. You've got plenty of work to do."

"Come on, Gaius," Lia said after Merlin left. She had sat giggling to herself for several minutes, still thinking about Uther kissing a Troll. "It's a little funny to think about."

Gaius sighed exasperatedly. "Illyria," he said in a warning tone.

She put her hands up in defense and began clearing off the table from breakfast. "Fine, fine. No need to use the full name."

"Once you're done with the dishes, mix up some cream for Lady Fallon's rash," he told her.

"I thought that was getting better?" she asked, frowning. "Well, it's probably back because she didn't apply the medicine for the whole two weeks—"

Lia was interrupted by the door to the physician chamber opening. Leon, as well as two guards, burst in.

"Where's Merlin?" Leon asked in a demanding tone.

"Where he always is — working for Arthur," Lia said, her smile falling. She glanced nervously at the guards, who continued to search the chambers for him despite the fact that he wasn't there. "Why? What's this about, Leon?"

"We've come to arrest him," Leon said, avoiding looking at her. "By order of the King."

"What?" she asked loudly. "On what charges?"

"For stealing from Queen Catrina."

"But Merlin would never—"

"Lia," he interrupted in a gentle tone. "I'm sure he didn't, but you know I cannot disobey Uther's direct orders. Every guard in Camelot is searching for him. He'll be found soon if he hasn't already."

| | |

Meanwhile, in Arthur's chambers, Merlin was changing out the sheets, blissfully unaware of the manhunt going on. Though his calm morning was soon interrupted by Arthur rushing in.