ix | the lady of the lake

| given that this is a very merlin-centric episode, there's not a ton of actual lia content. sorry, but i also didn't want to skip this episode |

"please, you have no idea what a lying lia looks like."

[2.9 — The Lady of the Lake]

The weather was horrid in Camelot that night

The weather was horrid in Camelot that night. Lia hadn't particularly wanted to go out into the storm, but Gaius had to make a house call. Of course, she and Merlin weren't comfortable with him going out in the weather on his own, so they accompanied them. Once they were finished taking care of Joshua, who had a cold, they donned their coats to go back out into the rain.

"If he's not better in the morning, let me know," Gaius told Alisha, Joshua's wife.

The three of them quickly walked through the rain, Lia keeping a hand on Gaius' elbow to make sure he didn't slip. The rain had let up slightly, but the thunder continued to boom, letting them know that the storm would continue for quite some time.

Lia kept her face down to try and avoid the rain getting in her eye so she almost missed the large cage parked outside the tavern. She was startled when a young girl suddenly grabbed the bars and watched them as they passed.

"Gaius," Merlin called, looking at her helplessly.

"She's fallen prey to a bounty hunter," Gaius told them.

"She's only a girl," Lia said, frowning.

"She'll still fetch a good price, though."

Merlin looked at him in disbelief. "Someone's going to pay for her?"

"Uther offers a handsome reward for anyone with magic," he reminded them before turning to walk away.

"There must be something we can do," Merlin said, looking back at the girl.

"Merlin, bounty hunters are dangerous men. They're not to be meddled with. You of all people should understand that," he warned.

Gaius would hear no more of it. He began walking back to the castle. Merlin stayed back and stared at the girl for a few more moments. Lia wanted to help as well but knew they couldn't do anything at that moment. She placed a gentle hand on Merlin's shoulder. Eventually, he left the girl, regretting each step that he took.

| | |

As usual, Merlin woke Lia up as he moved around the room. Only this time, as she peered at him through the dark she had a good idea of where he was going. She didn't question him as she rolled out of bed and threw on a coat over her nightgown and slipped on her shoes.

"Lia, maybe you should stay behind," Merlin whispered.

"Don't be ridiculous," she said, rolling her eyes.