iv | gwaine

"my heart will only beat for you until we meet again, princess."

[3.4 — Gwaine]

"It's odd that Merlin and Arthur aren't back yet," Lia said

"It's odd that Merlin and Arthur aren't back yet," Lia said. She was standing near the window and looking down at the city from the physician chambers. They had gone hunting and were supposed to be back shortly after lunch, however, the sun had long since set. "I hope they did not find any trouble."

"It's Merlin, Illyria," Gaius said in a flat tone. He handed her a bowl of soup for dinner, which she ate white standing. "I am almost positive they found trouble."

"I'm sure they're fine," she said, sighing. "Arthur probably just made them venture further than originally planned."

"You worry too much about them both," he told her. "I am sure—"

Gaius was cut off by Merlin and Arthur bursting into the physician chambers. Only, they were not alone. They were carrying an unconscious man. Gaius and Lia immediately got to work, instructing them to take him to Merlin's bed. Gaius unwrapped the bloody makeshift bandage that was around his leg to inspect the wound.

"Merlin, fetch me some fresh water, towels, a needle, and silk thread," he instructed.

"And honey?" he asked.

"Oh, look, you are capable of learning," Lia said in a teasing tone. He playfully rolled his eyes before going off to get everything. She noticed the surprised expression on Arthur's face, who had no idea what the honey was for. "Helps fight the infection."

"Will he be alright?" Arthur asked, glancing nervously at him.

"Providing he's strong."

"He's that, alright. The man saved my life, Gaius. He's to be given anything he needs," he told them.

Merlin came back a moment later with all the supplies. Gaius was the one to treat his leg while Lia inspecting the wound on his head — Merlin said he had hit it on a bench when he fell over.

"What's his name?" Lia asked, softly cleaning the blood off his forehead.

"Gwaine," Merlin said. "You know, I'm surprised you haven't yelled at me for getting in a bar fight."

"Oh, I am mad at both of you for getting in a bar fight," she said, giving them both pointed looks. "However, the unconscious man on the bed takes precedence. This easily could've been either of you. You are both lucky he was there to save you."

"I mean, I was doing fine on my own," Arthur muttered, crossing his arms.

Merlin quietly scoffed, knowing that wasn't the truth. "Sure. Lia, when do you suppose he'll wake up?"

"Likely sometime tomorrow morning," she told them. "He'll certainly have a headache when he does wake."

"Good," he said, nodding. He watched as Lia took care of Gwaine and then glanced at Arthur, who was also watching her. Then a mischievous smirk crossed his face. "This reminds me a lot of Lancelot. Him getting injured while bravely saving lives, being brought to Camelot, you carefully healing him. I wonder what other similarities they might have?"