Chapter 11

-Nora POV-

“Your name is Eren Yeager, and as a soldier you have sworn to give up your life when called to. For the good of the people, is that correct?” Zachery asked to Eren.

“Yes” answered Eren.
“As an enlisted soldier during a time of war, military doctern demands your tribunal be held as a court martial. As commander of our armed forces this matter is left to my discretion. Thus I will decide. Whether you live, or you die” said Zachery and I took a deep breath. “Any objections?”

“No sir” said Eren.
“Your astuteness is appreciated. Let us proceed. As expected covering up your existence has proven quite fruitless. And unless we publicly dispose your exitance, one way or another, we risk the outbreak of wide spread civil unrest. A choice must be made. And the regiment that takes custody of you will determine your fate. The Military Police, or the Scout regiment. To begin, the Military Police will now present their case”

“Thank you, sir” said a man of the MP’s. “My name is Nile Dock. I am commander of the Military Police. Our recommendation, following a thorough examination of his physiology, Subject Eren Yeager should be disposed of immediately”

‘Subject? Are you serious? He’s a person you know!
“We acknowledge that Yaeger’s ability played a part in turning back the latest Titan incursion. However, as has been stated, his mere existence is creating a swell of rebellious sentiment. For the greater good, after all we’ve gathered all the information that we can from him we would see him made a fallen warrior of humanity” he said.

“Unacceptable!” shouted a priest from the Wall Cult… “This verminous fen has defied the mighty wall…”
“And now I’d like to hear the Scout Regiment proposal plan” said Zachery.

“Yes sir” said Erwin. “As the Commander of the Survey Corps, I Erwin Smith propose the following. Let Eren join our ranks, reinstate him as a full member of the Scouts. We will utilise his Titan ability to retake Wall Maria. That is all”

“Is that it?” asked Zachery.
“Yes. With his assistance, sir. I’m certain we can reclaim Wall Maria. Therefore I believe or top priority is perfectly clear” said Erwin.

“Quite bold, assuming you were given clearance, where do you plan to launch this operation from? Commander Pyxis, the wall in Trost district has been completely sealed, is that correct?” asked Zachery.
“Yes, I doubt it’s gate will ever open again” said grandpa.

“We’ll depart from Calaneth district in the east. From there we’ll make for Shiganshina. A new route can be established as we proceed” said Erwin.

“But that’s ridiculous!” shouted a merchant. “Our time and money would be better spent sealing up all the gates! They’re the only parts of the wall that the Colossal Titan can break! Let’s reinforce the things and wash our hands from the entire affair!”

“Shut your mouth you damn merchant! With a Titan on our side we can finally return to Wall Maria!” shouted someone.
“We can’t afford any more of your childish antics or your delusions of grandeur” said the merchant.

“Squealing louder won’t help your case, pig” said Captain Levi and I held back a laugh.
‘Looks like I’m not the only one who likes to speak her mind’

“While we’re bolstering our defences, do you think that the Titans are gonna stand idly by? And when you say we can’t afford, do you speak for anyone other than your fat merchant friends? Do you pigs even realise that most of our people are struggling just to survive off what little land we have left?” he said.

“I’m simply saying that sealing the gates is the only guaranteed protection we’ve got” said the merchant.
The priest was going on about how the Walls were a gift. But Zachary requested for order.