Chapter 31

-Nora POV-

When the trembling stopped, we got Eren out of the hardened Titan.
“Eren! Can you hear me?” shouted Mikasa, Eren slowly opened his eyes.

“Not too shabby Eren. Even after we cut you from it, the Titan hasn’t disappeared. This could be a game changer” said dad.

“I almost forgot, listen. Before I transformed, I drank from a bottle that said armour” said Eren.

“Gotcha, guess that’s all you needed to pull it off” said dad. “Because this time, you did it easily. You saved all of our lives. You came up and built everything we see here in the blink of an eye. It’s not exactly pretty, but I can see it’s potential. I bet this is how the walls were made too. Guess what, this means we finally have a real shot at plugging the hole in wall Maria. We had a hell of a time getting here, took long detours, watched friends die. But as ugly as it’s been. Look at the position we’re in now”

“Captain!” it was Sasha. “We’ve secured an exit, sir!”
“Hange’s fine! Armin and Moblit too!” said Conny and they got down.

“I’m glad to hear it” said dad.
“Eren!” said Sasha and kneeled in front of him. “We’re all safe thanks to you! But to be completely honest, when I saw you run off into the light stumbling like a drunk and wailing like a baby, I thought we were screwed! You looked like an idiot and my fate was in your hands! It was awful! Quit your bawling! Have some dignity! That’s what I was thinking anyway”

I began to laugh. “Oh Sasha, you beat me to it”
“Let’s go, we have a big ass Titan to catch” said dad.

I was one of the last people to get out.
“Nora!” said Armin and he reached out his hand. I grabbed it and he helped me up, making me fall on top of him.

“Hey Armin” I smiled and kissed his nose, making him blush. I got off him and looked at the huge Titan that was going towards the city. “Oh bloody hell”

~

Eren, Historia, Hange and Armin got inside the wagon, I got a horse and we began to ride towards the Titan.
“Erwin!” shouted dad when he saw the Commander.

“Anyone hurt?” asked the Commander.
“Yeah, Hange took a hit” said dad.
“Doesn’t look like anything too serious. You’ve done excellent work, all of you” said the Commander.

“I’ve got a slew of things to report, but…” began dad.
“Anything on that Titan?” asked the Commander.

“It’s Rod Reiss, look forward to hearing your thoughts on this, Commander” said dad, angrily.
“Time’s short, we can’t afford to stand here and chat. Head back to the wall” said the Commander.

“You’re gonna let that thing drag it’s fat ass all the way to Siena?” asked dad.
“Well, more specifically, I’m letting it continue towards Orvud District” answered the Commander.

On the way back, Eren tried to use his new found Titan power to control Titans. But it didn’t work.

“Alright, time to think” said Hange. “First off. Lord Reiss was after the Founding Titan’s power, which currently resides within Eren. The thing is, the Founding Titan can only be used at full potential by someone of royal blood. But then, when a royal does obtain the Founding Titans power, they suddenly take on the first King’s ideology. Which means they refuse to do anything about the Titans. Well, this certainly is a conundrum. So the first king thinks this is true peace, heh? I’m gonna have to go ahead and disagree with him there”

“You know” said Eren. “There’s still the option to go back. We just need that Titan to eat me. Then Reiss will become human again. We could still have a true Founding Titan. It’s possible”