Chapter 12

-Nora POV-

We weren’t allowed to visit Eren before he left for the Scouts. Which put Mikasa on edge… she was furious at Captain Levi…

It was late, and the stars were out. I sat on the roof of the building with my hood on.
“You really don’t like resting, do you?” I immeadiatly recognized Armin’s voice and I pulled my hood off.

“Yeah, I’m a restless person. Or maybe I just don’t like sleeping” I chuckled and he sat next to me.
“You were very impressive in the tribunal” said Armin and I laughed.

“I bet Premier Zachery regrets giving me permission to speak freely. I wasn’t going to waste that chance. Still, it felt good just letting everything go” I said and laid my head on his shoulder.

“Nora. Tomorrow we’ll have to chose which Regiment we’ll join” he said and he softly held my hand.
“Yeah, tomorrow is the big day” I whispered and closed my eyes.

“Are you sure about the Scouts?” he asked and I sat straight, looking him in the eyes.
“Yes, Armin. I’m sure. You’re not getting rid of me” I said and smiled.
“I don’t want to get rid of you” he whispered. Thank god it was dark outside, because I was red as a tomato.

The next morning, we were all forced to show our ODM-gear. The two Titans that were captured for experimentation were killed by someone with ODM-gear.

“Sir, my ODM-gear got busted during the battle for Trost. Since I’m still recovering I haven’t been allowed to get a new one” I explained to the investigator.

“Cadet Nora Sato, right?” he asked and I nodded. “Ah, here it is. You’re clear. You should get new equipment once you join a Regiment”

“Yes, sir” I said. “Sir, am I allowed to leave? I have an appointment with the doctor”
“Someone’s going with you?” he asked.

“Yes, sir. Commander Pyxis is joining me” I said and pointed at my grandfather who was waiting for me at the door.
“Then it’s alright” he said and I walked to my grandpa.

“Everything alright?” he asked.
“Yeah, I’m cleared, since my ODM-gear is busted” I said and looked at Armin who was standing with his ODM-gear. He looked at me and smiled.
I quickly waved goodbye and went with my grandfather.

~

The doctor was touching my bruise, which hurt a little bit.
“You’re healing quite nicely. Does it hurt to walk?” he asked.

“Not so much anymore. Only when you touch it. I’ve been able to move more freely again” I said.
“That’s good. You still shouldn’t push it. Keep it light for at least another week” said the doctor.

“Okay, thank you sir” I said.
I walked outside and my grandfather was still waiting for me.

“Good news?” he asked.
“Should be fully healed in another week” I said and he smiled.
“I’m glad. Have you decided, which Regiment you’re gonna join?” he asked and I looked down.

“Yes… I’m joining the Scouts, grandpa” I said and he stopped walking.
“Are you sure about it?” he asked and he looked me straight in the eyes.

“Yes. I think I was meant for the Scouts. I’m not made to just stay inside these walls, grandpa. I want to see what’s out there, beyond the walls” I said and he sighed.

“If it’s what you really want to do… then I won’t stop you” he said and I smiled.
I hugged him and he hugged me softly back. “Thank you, grandpa” I whispered.

I ran back to the others. They were all done with their inspection.
“So, they didn’t find anyone?” I asked and Mikasa nodded.
“Everyone was cleared” she said.