Chapter 38

-Nora POV-

Reiner managed to get the upper hand for a moment. He smashed Eren down by grabbing his ankle.
But Eren managed to turn it around.
"He needs our help!" shouted Mikasa.

"Not yet!" shouted Hange. "Everything rides on our first attack. We need to wait and trust Eren to give us a good opening"

We stayed away for a save distance. So that we could attack when the moment was right.
Eren managed to throw Reiner off him, and that was it.

"Go! Now!" shouted Hange.
Mikasa and I fired off the thunder spears into each of his eyes. Making it explode when we moved away. Destroying his eyes, blinding him.
'Yes, they're working'

The others all fired their thunder spears in his neck, making the armour around his neck splinter.
"Do it again!" shouted Hange. "You each have a thunder spear left! Use them to end this!"
We all froze up for a second.

"Come on guys!" shouted Jean. "We said we'd do it if it ever came down to this!"
We all fired one thunder spear in his nape again. And his nape was open, we saw him... his head was completely destroyed, and steam came out of it...

I sat down on a roof and stared at him. Armin laid his hand on my shoulder and I laid my hand on his.
"Did we actually do it?" I whispered.
"This isn't over!" shouted Hange. "We'll hit one more time just to be sure!"

"You okay?" asked Mikasa when she saw us.
"I guess so. It's not like we can negotiate" said Armin and I looked up at him. "Their side has the knowledge. They make us look as ignorant as we are weak. We don't have the ability to capture someone who can turn into a Titan on a whim. Which means... there was nothing that we could do"

I looked back at Reiner and I saw his jaw move. "What the..."
Reiner suddenly screamed... calling for backup...

"Use your thunder spears! If we want him dead, we'll have to destroy his whole body!" shouted Hange.
We saw a barrel flew over our heads.
"Hange, wait!" I shouted. "We need to fall back for now. See that barrel? I'm sure Berthold is inside" I pointed at the falling barrel. "If he transforms, we're done for"

"Shit! Everyone! Move away from the Armoured Titan! The Colossal Titan is coming towards us right now!" shouted Hange and we began to move away as fast as we could.
But, Berthold didn't transform. He came out of the barrel and used his ODM-gear to move towards Reiner.

"Here we go, our missions primary objective just fell straight into our laps" said Hange.
"Hey, look! Someone is coming our way! It's Berthold!" shouted Moblit.

"The plan is as followed! Armin, you take command of Levi Squad! Protect Eren, everyone else should come with me! We've got two targets to eliminate!" shouted Hange.

Everyone began to move, but Armin went to Hange and he then moved towards Berthold.
'Armin... what are you doing?'

"Stop Berthold! Just wait a minute!" shouted Armin. "We don't have to fight! Let's talk this over!"
"If I agree to talk? Would you all be willing to lay down and die?" shouted Berthold. "We only want 3 simple things! Eren Yeager! Nora Sato! And the death of everyone in the walls! That's the harsh truth of our situation! Understand?! All of your fates have been decided!"

"What? And who is it that decided that?" shouted Armin.
Berthold said something, but we couldn't hear them. I moved a bit closer to Armin.
"What was that?" shouted Armin.

"It was me, Armin! I decided your lives should end here and now!" shouted Berthold.
"That's a real shame, Berthold! See I was hoping, I'd finally stop to hear Annie scream!" shouted Armin. "There's only one person who can save her from the savages of the Military Police, and that is you! If you don't, she'll be fed to the pigs!"